HybridZ

Finished Dyno Tuning Today

z-ya

Got some dyno tuning done on my Supercharged and Megasquirted L28 track car today. I've had thread going in the MEgasquirt area for while:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=103781&page=5

OK, spent about two hours on the dyno dialing in my Megasquirted 'N EDIS equipped supercharged L28 this morning. VERY satisfied wit hthe results. Hitting over 100% duty cycle on the injectors, but I was still able to tune it safe enough to do a time trial event with. Right now running turbo injectors. I'm going to try and pry a set of 370cc/min injectors from a freind to give me some tuning headroom.

Hear is the dyno plot: http://www.zccne.org/gallery/albums/clubcar2006/ZCCNE_280Z_SC.jpg

This is plot includes traces from last year and today. Last year I ran the flat top motor with an N47 head and stock cam. This year I'm running the same short block, but with a P79 head, and Com Camps 460/280 cam. Neither head has any fancy port or polishing work. I also added a Camden supercharger at 8psi. No intercooler. I'm runing around 21deg of advance at 8psi.

Last year: 155HP, 165ft-lbs

This year: 255HP, 225ft-lbs

You can see at 255HP the Megasquirt soft rev limiter is starting to kick in. I may be able to get a bit more power by setting the rev limiter a little higher.

Aynway, the sound the SC makes is awesome. Really loud at 8psi. Can't wait to get it on the track.

240hoke,

Yea, I'm not sure why the torque seems low for the amount of power, but any time you can get higher HP than Torque, you know the motor is breathing well. I think it has to do with the cam. If I was running a stock cam, I would suspect that the power would be in the 200HP range. Remeber that I am only running 8psi. It hits max boost around 4000RPM.

(goldfish),

No I don't have a brace. I did probably 10 or 12 pulls to 6500RPM, and the belt was still tight. Have you seen these Camden superchargers move at high RPMs? I plan on going to 370cc/min injectors, and then bringing it up to 7000RPM. Figure i can get another 5-10HP.

I spoke with Andy at Camden Superchargers, and he seems to think it will be OK. He says that these superchargers are good for over 13000RPM, and didn't seem to think I would need any kind of brace.

It is making more torque at 2000 RPM than it did at any RPM last year, so I'm pretty happy so far. The torque curve is pretty flat also. I'll actually drive it tomorrow (got permission to use a parking lot hear at work for a few hours).

I was at the convetion last year too. I think we met. I was working with Holy Roller on tuning. I'm pretty sure I met you. My signature photo below is from the track day.