HybridZ

Ka24de Carbed

icesky

Well I can help you with that. I had to find out the same thing since I280z is going KA and I only have a 95 KA.

This is the diagram that I drew up for a MSnS as far as the dizzy goes. The 2 pins are for the transistor (ballast) and the 3 pin is for the 1* optical trigger on the internal COP disk.

MSnS_95-98_dizzy_wire_up.JPG

For got to mention all KA that I know of, you can't do the old fashion dizzy setup with the stock KA parts. Timing advance is setup buy the ecu. Might be able to use a dizzy from a L20 (2 litre Line 4) but don't take my word for it. IF you do that, then you would also need parts for the 94 and older KA like the oil pump and dizzy shaft and other stuff (not to familar with the whole pre 95 KA conversion). From looking at it it looks much like the datsun L6 engine.

Yeah' date='

I posted on Zilvia but at least from my experience, there solution to everything is sr20det, and drifting. I hope this post doesn't offend anyone, this is just based on my experience.[/quote']

Doesn't offend me, I feel the same way. The whole S13/S14 thing is on it's way to be a rice fest, especially after F&F3 comes out. I'll do some looking and see if I can find that page.

Found it :http://www.carolinanissans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3804&hl=carbs

I was going to carb my ka24e-tin my 240zx, but everyone on 240sx.org said it wouldnt work too good. I should have done it to be different and to show them that It would work and for less money. I know a guy who has a 13b rx3 that runs 10's all day and hes carbed

The reason why they are saying that it can't be done (I'm not saying it can't) is because spark advance it entirely controlled by the engine computer, i.e. no vacuum advance. So you would have to find a dizzy with a vacuum advance that will work with the KA engine. I know the 89-94 KA had a similar setup as a L28e engine and would imagine that it would fit, but there are 2 extra points. I've heard that the L20 (there were 2 types of L20, one was L20A and L20B. one was a line 6 and other was a Line 4, don't remeber which ones which) are very similar and that people have made hybrid engines out of them (LKZ or something like that) and assume that a dizzy from a L20 would work.