HybridZ

Yahoo Japan, question about this Z seat!

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m32412311

does anybody know anything about this seat?

who makes it, how much is this seat going for now, and if so...... does anybody know how i can get this seat from this auction!!!

any info would be great!

i so wish i knew more info on how i could get parts off yahoo japan.

i find so many cool stuff i could afford!

mike

If you use Google's translate page, you can keep surfing in English on Yahoo Japan. Be ready for wacky grammar, in a big way. Click the "More" button on the Google home page to find it. It's a ways down in the right column.

Mike, I hate you for showing me that... I want everyting! Oh, those seats are pretty cool too, much like the Ford GT's retro-futuristic ones. Yes, I want them too...:D

I wonder if upholstery shops can get those little vent screens?

I just found this there.

yu777ta-img600x450-114967735006070002.jpg

yu777ta-img600x450-114967738206070004.jpg

It looks like a 1 piece-3 piece spoiler. I'm going to dig around a little more for this "EVA"...

BTW, the translation doesn't always work, and some pages it just doesn't pull off at all. But, I'm finding all sorts of stuff to make me jealous!

anyone that has bought something from yahoo japan, i tried to email the seller in bouth english and japanese (translated via babelfish :P ) but no response in anything i found

the prices are REALLY nice i think, just sad that i can't buy from there as i buy from ebay.....

does anybody know anything about this seat?

who makes it' date=' how much is this seat going for now, and if so...... does anybody know how i can get this seat from this auction!!![/quote']

You can get that particular version from SPIRIT GARAGE ( Itagaki Motor Service Co. Ltd ) at 81,000 JPY ( plus 5% sales tax ) each.

http://www.spiritgarage.com

They are calling them replicas of the 'Works' seats - but they are not 100% accurate as replicas of the latter-term Works bucket seats fitted to some of the factory race cars from around 1973 onwards. This is because they are based on a proprietary base moulding which is too modern in shape to make a proper replica. The shoulder 'wings' and harness cut-outs are the wrong shape.

I thought you said you had a good 'contact' in Japan? Surely he should be able to get these from Spirit Garage for you?

Alan T.

About buying stuff off yahoo Japan' date=' I found this site. [url']http://www.rinkya.com/[/url]

You basically pay a bunch of middleman fees. There are restrictions on what kind of car parts you can buy too.

that one i know about, but i would rather buy directly from the buyer to save money and get more things for the same amount =)

Guest ON3GO

alan i do, but i dont know how i to buy something off yahoo japan.

getting something shipped wouldnt be a problem (atleast thats what he said).

mike

any info would be great!

You are welcome.

The Yahoo auction is for a single seat. Presumably you want a pair ( yes? ) in which case your 'contact' in Japan can order them from SPIRIT GARAGE for you ( no? ).

Surely this 'contact' - if they are based in Japan - can also purchase Yahoo Japan auction items on your behalf? But I would have thought that they would ask for some kind of profit margin - just like Rinkya and all the other auction middlemen do ( which is totally understandable ). I think Rinkya do a great job, by the way.

Forget about buying 'direct' from Yahoo Japan auction sellers. Unless you are based in Japan, with a Japanese bank account, Japanese mailing address and fluent spoken and written Japanese, then it just isn't going to work.

Hell, I even have trouble persuading some USA-based eBay sellers that they can trust me as a buyer........

Guest ON3GO

i want 2 yes.

ya i know what ya mean alan.

i never heard if Rinkya was good to use but ill take your word on it.

thanks alan.

mike