HybridZ

Need some serious fuel line and hose help

Guest Carolina280Z

Guest Carolina280Z

Gotta change all the injector and fuel line hoses , have two that are dripping fuel onto the manifold , so before I catch fire Im gonna try to do this myself.

Problem is , there are a couple that look like the only way I am really gonna get them on correctly is to take the entire system off the car.

How difficult is this or should I just forget it take it to a shop and have a mechanic do it..

Any ideas on time that it would take a mechanic..I would really like to do it myself but also dont want to screw up the injectors..

Any ideas or help would be really appreciated.

It can be an easy job.

Injector-rail hoses:

If you look at the bases of the injectors, there are two little phillips head screws. You can remove those screws, and any supports that the fuel rail may have to the intake manifold, and then pull all the injectors out with the fuel rail. Then it will be easy to change a couple of rail-injector hoses.

All other hoses:

If you have the stock fuel rail, the best way to do this is to continue with what I have described above, and then separate the sections of fuel rail that hold the rubber that needs replacing

those are the only two tricky spots for changing rail hoses, and the pressure regulator (if it is in the middle of all the hoses, will be the same as separating "sections" of the fuel rail.

the other hoses are super easy to change.

should take no more than 2-3 hrs

-Oliver

If you've ever considered an aftermarket fuel rail, now is the time to get one. I'm running one of Pete's rails on both my cars, and it makes working on the injectors, pressure regulator, hose, etc, about 100x easier.

Last time I took a stock rail off, I got so fed up, after an hour of fighting it I just took shrub clippers and cut it up.

http://www.freewebs.com/pallnet/products.htm

Guest Carolina280Z

Off is a snap...or so it seemed...new hoses , no problem ..big thing whats it gonna do when I fire it up..just hope the injectors are not so out of whack that they need to be re-cal'd..if so I may just buy new ones ..there goes another 400.00...oh well , its daddies toy...the car that is ...momma is the real toy.

Guest Carolina280Z

Now...someone give me the benefit of a fuel rail , vs the stock system..outside of the connections that are necessary with the stock system.

Where can I obtain a fuel rail..saw one on a sight somewhere but now I cant locate it..

Also , when I reinstall all of this , what is the best way to feed fuel back into the system..my thought , pump the accel some , let it sit , do it again later on in the day , let it sit then actually start the motor..considering the injectors will be dry , which really isnt any diff than installing new ones or when the car was first started at the factory ..

Just dont want to make an expensive mistake somewhere along the line

Pumping the accel pedal won't do a thing. Is your car a stock ZXT? When you turn the ignition switch to the "run" position your fuel pump should run for a few seconds and then turn off. Turn the key back off and on a few times and you should pressurize your fuel system.