HybridZ

Where to get nice hard brake lines...

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Im buying a Wilwood Bias valve, im also looking to buy a full brake upgrade on all 4 from AZC.

im gonna redo all of the hard brake lines in the whole car, also make for a nice custom install.

i want the bias valve right next to the drivers seat.

so does anybody have a vendor for nice brake lines?

good price too!

btw.... the FAQ for the brakes was a BIG help!

mike

I'll make one suggestion...follow it. Get yourself some Automec cupronickel brake line. It is hands down the best you can run. It forms easy, doesn't rust and is a heck of a lot easier to work with than SS. Buy it online. Just do a search for Automec. The typical terned brake line found in the auto parts stores is inferior in every way. I only use this material in any vehicle I plumb whether on or off road. You will not be disappointed!

What ezzzzz said above. The type of brake line referenced is 90/10 and is used by a lot of European OEMs and in aerospace applications. Its expensive but it forms easily and is ver corrosion resistant. Double flares are a cinch with this tubing. I get mine from Fedhill and they also have a huge selection of metric and sae fittings.

http://www.fedhillusa.com/index.html

Guest ON3GO

anybody have any idea how much i should buy to do one Z?

redo all lines, custom routed and etc.

also what size would be the correct to go with.

search on here netted me with only on post on 10mm... that correct?

mike

Another note.... you can buy directly from http://www.automec.co.uk and save a lot over http://www.fedhillusa.com. The cupronickel 3/16 in a 25 foot roll is $38.00 to $44.00 (shipping included standard post) depending on the currency conversion at the time of order from automec vs. $66.00 plus shipping from fedhillusa. It's worth the extra time to ship for my pocket. I spend enough money foolishly.

also what size would be the correct to go with.

search on here netted me with only on post on 10mm... that correct?

Is this a brake or fuel 10mm that you're talking about? The stock brake lines have something weird like 4.1mm tube with 10mm nuts. You can use the 3/16" line for the brakes since it will fit the same fittings as the 4.x line, and then depending on what masters and soft lines you end up using you can just buy the fittings to match. I think mine is going to be all SAE sizes when I'm done, since I'm going to Wilwoods and Tilton style master cylinders.

I think for fuel most people I know are running 3/8, but I'm sure that there are posts about going up to 1/2" at whatever power level requires more fuel than the 3/8 can deliver.

BTW glad you found the brake FAQ useful. :D

The cupronickel 3/16 in a 25 foot roll is $38.00 to $44.00 (shipping included standard post) depending on the currency conversion at the time of order from automec vs. $66.00 plus shipping from fedhillusa.

Wow! Something happened to the prices at Fedhill. The last invoice I had from them (9/10/2005) for a 25' roll was for $48.10 inlcuding shipping. Thanks for the link to Automec.