HybridZ

200ZR Mounts No Good on Z31 Crossmember

Guest RB25DET Z31

Guest RB25DET Z31

I have just finished prepping my RB25 that I will be installing this weekend. I was lucky enough to get my hands on some 200ZR mounts from Japan which arrrived yesterday.

After bolting them to the block, I noticed they will NOT work on my stock crossmember. I am a bit confused after hearing so many others who claim that these mounts bolt straight up to the factory crossmember with no modifications.

The mounting holes are perfectly aligned horizontally, but on my crossmember the holes are spaced at least 2 inches apart. I know someone else on here mentioned the exact same thing a few months back, as well as the fact that the hood will not clear the engine.

I will be making doing some cutting and welding for the mounts this weekend, unless I can get my hands on a 200ZR crossmember or pull a rabbit out of my ***. Either way, not likely. Comments . . . ?

I will be making doing some cutting and welding for the mounts this weekend, unless I can get my hands on a 200ZR crossmember or pull a rabbit out of my ***. Either way, not likely. Comments . . . ?

Oo0o0ohhh Ohh!! pull a rabbit out of your hat, pweeze !!1!shift+one! :icon42:

Dramier told me the same thing about the 200zr mounts in our US version 300zx, you will need the crossmember to utilize the 200zr mounts.

It looks like you and I are working at about the same speed in our swaps. What year Z31 do you have? Do you have any pics of what you have done?

Later

RB25DET Z31,

I found out today that you do not need custom made engine mounts, If you have a N/A Z31.

Are you ready for this... Cut the existing mounts and flip them around, this will make them 2 inches further forward for your mounts. Also I was emailed today that MGPauto can get 200ZR crossmembers. Here is a link to his website. http://www.mgpautoparts.com. Ryan informed me that it will take about a month to get the part to you and about $600 shipped.

Good Luck!

RB25DET Z31' date='

I found out today that you do not need custom made engine mounts, If you have a N/A Z31.

Are you ready for this... Cut the existing mounts and flip them around, this will make them 2 inches further forward for you mounts. Also I was emailed today that MGPauto can get 200ZR crossmembers. Here is a link to his website. http://www.mgpautoparts.com. Ryan informed me that it will take about a month to get the part to you and about $600 shipped.

Good Luck!

Why not just get a Z31 N/A Crossmember? I'm sure you can find those at any local junker.

Why not just get a Z31 N/A Crossmember? I'm sure you can find those at any local junker.

Exactly, I have a N/A so that is what I will be using. The crossmember should be dirt cheap also.

Hopefully RB25DET Z31 got this message before He paid for some new mounts to be made.

Guest RB25DET Z31

Yes, I read the thread. The 25 is in the Z31 and is running SO strong. And no . . . I did not pay anyone to make the mounts for me. Without giving away the too much info, I would like to say that I was able to use the 200ZR insulators and the DS 200ZR mount (modified) as well as the stock RB25 PS mount with a little cutting and welding onto the existing turbo crossmember.

The engine sits perfect, and actually sits about 3/4 inch further back than it would with the 200zr mounts and crossmember. I did NOT have to relocate the radiator or beat the sh*t out of the tranny area to get it to fit right (although I could not fit the speed sensor). Will post pics in a day or so. Good stuff, good stuff. Hope ur projects are coming along as well.

:iagree:why are you being secretive?

I would like to say that I was able to use the 200ZR insulators and the DS 200ZR mount (modified) as well as the stock RB25 PS mount with a little cutting and welding onto the existing turbo crossmember

How did you use the turbo crossmember? I could have sworn that one mount faces forward and the other faces backwards?

Like this ? the n/a crossmember is on the top, turbo on the bottom.

xmembers.jpg

is there a reason why you're secretive?

Yeah, I would like to know also.... as it being that this forum is ALL ABOUT HELPING OUT YOUR FELLOW Z guy, I guess I should take my RB writeup down so that no one can learn from it, and so no one could have bitchen cars...

$0.02

Yeah' date=' I would like to know also.... as it being that this forum is ALL ABOUT HELPING OUT YOUR FELLOW Z guy, I guess I should take my RB writeup down so that no one can learn from it, and so no one could have bitchen cars...

$0.02[/quote']

i should probably PDF that writeup before you do that. hahahaha :mrgreen:

Yeah' date=' I would like to know also.... as it being that this forum is ALL ABOUT HELPING OUT YOUR FELLOW Z guy, I guess I should take my RB writeup down so that no one can learn from it, and so no one could have bitchen cars...

$0.02[/quote']

NOOOOO!!! I usually read that at work. I really need that for my future RB swap, well let me pdf it in case =). BTW good job on writeup.

240Z Master' date='

You need to sell me your exhaust manifold! I want it! You really want to give it to me! Hahaha, but really I would like to have an aftermarket cast manifold, if you happen to come across another one. Please let me know.[/quote']

I'm planning on selling mine if the offer is right... I don't know how much but you can start now!

• 1 year later...
Guest spxaznboy

i have a vg30et from a 1984 z31 and i want to put it in my 1986 n/a can anyone please let me know what i need done! I would greatly appreciate it if someone can make a list of custom parts i need or anything i need and what needs to be done to get that motor in my car. I know this isnt the right place to post im new here and dont know much.

i have a vg30et from a 1984 z31 and i want to put it in my 1986 n/a can anyone please let me know what i need done! I would greatly appreciate it if someone can make a list of custom parts i need or anything i need and what needs to be done to get that motor in my car. I know this isnt the right place to post im new here and dont know much.

i think one of the mods can move this thread to the proper place, but anyhow, you're better off getting some things together from both cars if you're serious.

being cars from the same chassis, you would have more targetted info going to xenon's, az-bum's, or any other Z31 focused websites. For the z31 being one of the least sought after/purchased z's (is what i've been hearing, even though I own one and love it so far.), they seem to have the most information available on websites. I believe because the information is pretty close to where the car is cheap enough to mod, and a very good base, compared to what today's sport compact cars and z cars cost.

but EITHER WAY, you should at least make a build up thread in the members rides section, or the v6 nissan section, and report your findings and exercises you've taken to make it work :-)