HybridZ

Converting R34 RB25DET to Push Type

240Z_Master

My friend is running a RB26DETT and mated up a RB25DET from the Neo... he tapped some mounts on the original casting of the tranny and converted his setup to a Push Type...

I found that really interesting, making it that much easier and more choices available for trannies, now if you can find one that's a different story.

My $0.02

Can you elaborate a bit, mated what, the tranny I suppose and what is a push type???

Well, for those of you who don't know, some transmissions have different types of clutches.

One type is a push type, it pushes the release bearing against the pressure plate from one side.

The other is a pull type, (I'm not sure how this works, if someone can elaborate that would be great).

And yes, I am talking about a transmission.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Finally got arount to investigating the pull to push conversion. It was not as difficult as one would think. Right click and save as

http://www.fairladyzg.com/PDF/PullToPushConv.pdf

This is my first attempt at a "how to guide" with Adobe Acrobat. Please let me know if there is anything I should add or change.

Thanks