HybridZ

Tokyo Drift...

Guest l28et

Guest l28et

Going to see Tokyo Drift tonight with bartender from work. I hope its good. And if not, having her in my passenger seat is worth it anyway :icon14: . Will be rolling in the Z31... I'll let ya'll know how it was - hopefully we'll see some Civics slide into a dumpster or something after the movie.:roll:

Now drifting is going to get even MORE popular with the civic community. Now I can't even park my car in a parking garage without worrying about some kid in a civic drifting into it! What next... The fast and the furious : OFF ROAD?

Interesting preview for that movie I saw last night on TV. I've seen tons on tv and lots in the theatre up to this point. This one was new. It had about a 1 sec blurp with Vin Diesel in it! Now that is marketing at work. As far as I knew to this point no one was going to do a cameo at all for this new movie.... especially an actor from the first movie. Gotta give to the marketing department for starting up that last minute gossup going just before release.

I want to go see the movie to support a friend of mine. The scene with the drifting in the parking garage. Look for a Black Hakosuka. Don't know how much of it will be seen but they paid him around $4000 to use his car as a brackground piece. Gotta be in there somewhere for that price. I am also told all the LHD cars are heavily tinted to appear as RHD cars. Only the RHD cars are not tinted. Please post to how the movie is....

:D I'm PROUD to say, I have yet to watch one of these stupid "fast and furious" movies

ah...the few...the proud! i watched about 5 minutes (spread across teh whole movie from a download i aquired) of the 1st one and can speak from first hand experience that it was big time gay. thats 5 minutes of my life that i want back!!!!

:D I'm PROUD to say, I have yet to watch one of these stupid "fast and furious" movies

Pete, I watched the first one (rented the DVD) and was mildly amused by it--I could not believe how much BS there was about the cars themselves. I will NOT see any of the others.

If you decide to ever take the plunge and see these movies and you are relatively intelligent/engineer type, make sure you are on some medication or alcohol to protect yourself!! :mrgreen:

Davy

i couldnt believe how many gears they went thru at the end on that 1/4 mile race and how long it took to go...A 1/4 MILE!!! unbelievable

Yes, that's right before the floorpan falls out and a "danger to manifold" idiot light starts to flash. That's exactly the kind of stuff I was talking about. My friend, only alcohol cures some of the pain my brain goes through watching tripe like that and...

...as savageskaterkid just mentioned, it's only a movie! A bad movie, hence the alcohol comments. The more imbibed, the more palpable it becomes :mrgreen:

Davy

dont worry, some heavy alchohol consumption promply ensued the veiwing of this discrace to hollywood! lol i thought it was a b-rate flick to be honest. vin deisel is in my opinion the 3rd worse american actor. 1st being steven segal, 2nd jean claude and 4th chuck norris. chuck would be the 1st, but he'd round house my head to venis if i did that and he found out! :D

Guest l28et

Since my post was edited by mistake by an admin... I'll just recap.

To those overdramatizing the situation: Chill out. Movies like King Kong, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Horror films, etc are still enjoyable no matter how far fetched they may be. Its entertainment, not a documentary.

That said, I liked it!

While I didn't like the first and second ones, I enjoyed this. Why? The first and second movies spawned a ricer mentality. Body kits, wings, neons = speed.

I've heard and read awesome things about Japans car culture and have seen some cool **** come from there -TOP SECRET, HKS, etc cars are the shiz. I don't know how well this was represented, but it was fun to watch regardless.

I think the reason I was cool with this movie was because drifiting is all about exhibitionism. Its about getting attention and putting on a show. Not so much how fast you can go in a straight line or a gutted race car around a track.

There are some sweet rides in this flick including a nicely done Veilside RX7 and lots of Nissans! S15s, Z33s, and of course, Skylines. And as for the RB26 powered Mustang that cause so much controversy on the boards, well like it or not, its in there and IMO, its bad as hell.

So for really good action scenes, some nice cars, and mindless entertainment with a bad story line, its worth watching. It beats the hell out of my last few trips to the theaters.

And watching all the pulled over rice after the movie is funny.

hehe, I just got back from it. I was supposed to watch Nacho Libre but it was sold out, and I ended up getting to see FNFTD for free!

As I rolled down in neutral from the 7th floor of the theater's parking garage, I couldn't help but notice all the rice lining the walls... Honda civics dropped to the ground with large pipes.

and yet, my car was still getting stares :2thumbs: (there is hope for the world)

I bet this is totally going to divide the ricer crowd. On one side you'll have the Old Skewl "Live my life 1/4 mile at a time, just like Vince" guys, and on the other there will be the "Live my life choking on tire smoke and dumping most of my paycheck into tirerack.com like the new a$$clown" guys. Maybe this is a government conspiracy, carried out via the magic of hollywood to divide and conquer the street ricer scene.....

Mike

The movie was interesting but the more interesting part was watching the tickets being given the the punks soing really idiotic things in the parking lot and leaving the parking lot of the theater. Now that was funny because they where being pulled over right and left and they had to see the police lights while others were getting tickets and the police would point at them and direct them to the curb to await their ticket like they were waiting for entrance to an amusment park.

I was really disappointed in the movie. After seeing how retarded the first two were, I thought there would be plenty to make fun of. Instead, it was actually somewhat enjoyable. And a cameo by Tsuchiya! And yes, Vin Diesel is briefly in the movie.