HybridZ

Coming home tonight..getting pulled over TWICE in 10minutes! Profiling?

slownrusty

PopN - I say profiling, because if my friend was driving a Harley with exhaust that would wake-up the dead 10miles away...well guess what? He would not be pulled over and hassled - that I guarantee.

You gotta be kidding. back before the yuppie scum started buying Harleys to haul around in their new pickups, Harley riders got more BS than you could imagine. Especially if you happened to be wearing a patch. Usually It would be two car loads of cops who would stop you and get your registration and licence. If you asked whaat you were stopped for the standerd answer was " We have a report of a bike answering the description of this one that has been stolen." Then they would make you empty your pockets, and inspect your property. I've even had the gloves taken out of my pocket because some pig thought they might be weighted. Next would come the camera to get pictures of the bike. ( I usually threw my jacket over the tank) Then came the ticket for some crap. like handlebars more than 15 inches above the seat, of rear fender not long enough, or front fender not covering 90 degrees of the front tire, or too loud. I would usually go through this about two or three ti;mes any time rode into our little one horse town. Only chopped riders got this special attention.

Guest l28et

Im going to have to agree with the comment about Harleys. My buddy back home is a cop and says there is an unspoken "understanding" seeing that on any given day the police parking lot is full of bikes. Same thing with Rustangs and Cumaros. If you have a bias, you're going to direct less attention to what you like.

Another guy (HybridZ member here) has a mint 280Z. Hes a cop and hes the opposite since he appreciates hot imports. He saw an R32 GTR and tried to get the guy to get on it - hard to do when crusing next to him in a crown vic. Also gave heads up to a Skyline badged G35 to haul *** leaving a gas station.

Give it 5 years. These old foggie cops will be retiring, new younger guys with hopped up cars will be coming in and all will be well.

You gotta be kidding. back before the yuppie scum started buying Harleys to haul around in their new pickups, Harley riders got more BS than you could imagine.

No kidding. Funny how everyone thinks that they're the persecuted ones and the bikers or the classic cars or whatever other group doesn't get hassled. BS. My buddy with a 66 Ranchero that had headers into Supertrapps used to get hassled all the time, I already told the Harley story. Everyone who is breaking the law SHOULD get hassled. And if you don't like that, work on changing the law and quit bitching.

No one gets hassled. Police officers always do the right thing. That is called doing their job. They are perfect model citizens and you should all raise your children to look up to them.

And that being said, I love cops, they make me feel like I actually know how to drive. :wink: I know they can't shoot me, and if they tried, I know that they can't hit and side of a barn.

Getting harrassed while driving is no different than having people think you don't know what you're talking about when you're a teenager. It takes one bad apple to spoil the whole pie... or something like that. It takes one bad injector to foul the whole motor.

A friend and I got pulled over for speeding (50 in a 35) on the way to a movie once. Now, late for the movie, decide to head to my house. Get pulled over for speeding again (45 in a 35, hey, we're getting slower!) by a different cop. 5 minutes after receiving the first ticket. In response to "but we just got a ticket a few minutes ago" the cop says "we'll you're really racking them up tonight, eh?" No profiling, just good policing! Dang speeders.