HybridZ

My new electrical system

Here is my new electrical system. I got tired of chasing electrical gremlins so here goes...

I started by ripping the entire harness out and then the car sat for two weeks. Today I decided I wanted to start rewiring it. My Dad (an electrical engineer) and I started laying out the new electrical "brain" for the car. Everything is on one sheet of aluminium and wil be able to be removed in a matter of minutes. When I am done with it you will be able to have the dash and the heart of the electrical system out in 10 minutes. The dash will attach to four points so that is really quick to remove.

In the first pic you can see the rough layout that the fuseblocks, relays, and junky OEM ignition.

You can see the location of the wiring system and where it will mount in the second pic.

The third shows the kind of leather that the dash will be covered in.

wiring1_thumb.jpg

wiring2_thumb.jpg

wiring3_thumb.jpg

I just got everything except my radiator fan timer module mounted on the Z brain and got it mocked up and mounted. This system will be very trick. I may make one or two more if there is an interest. The Zbrain is high enough that it is hidden even under my revealing aluminium dash.

wiring loom? I am making that too...I am going to really like it. I was having lots of electrical problems when I went to the ZdayZ car show so when I got back I just went medieval on it. I have come across a few problems but nothing that can't be fixed. Definitely not a project for someone that is not an electrical engineer or does not know how a relay works...I now know but before I had no idea. Hopefully I can get the main board finished this weekend and start wiring the front of the car.

This will help keep everyone from commenting about the wires hanging down in the passenger side floorboard.

I guess this must be another one of those Z problems that everyone seems to have.

Your timing is awesome, I was thinking about doing something similar to this last night and your progress is definitely an inspiration.

make sure you want your z down for at least a month while you wire it...lol...there will be complications in wiring. I plan to get the wiring completely finished by mid July.

I had about 6 or 7 wires crammed under fuses running ghetto wiring for stuff like fuel pump, radiator fan, fan timer, etc...I finally decided it was enough and ripped the corruption out.