HybridZ

My new neighbor has a 240Z!

80LS1T

I found out last week that my mom's new neighbor has really nice Z car. She told me it was a 260Z though. Well today I was at my mom's and I was on my way to town and saw this beautiful Z car drive by me. So I whipped a U-turn and followed it back to my mom's neighbors house. Once I pulled in I realiezed that it wasn't a 260 but a 240Z!

I talked to the owner about it and it turns out its an AZ car that he got from one of Barret Jackson's auctions! The car is absolutley perfect! Its been stripped to bare metal and primered and painted in every little crack. The engine is still the straight six but it's been upgraded(not too sure on which 6 though) and is pushing 250HP to the wheels. It's been lowered about 2" and has bigger sway bars and urethane bushings all the way around. He said the car handles like its on rails!

I told him that if he ever wants to sell it to call me! I then told him about my car and told him we should race for pinks!LOL He declined that offer though?! He also had a nice old Mustang(late 60's eary 70's) and a Toreno with a 429. Both of those cars were mint too!

He said his 240Z was his favorite car by far though! Before I left he told me to stop on by sometime and he would let me drive the 240! I still can't beleive that my mom's new neighbor is a Z car owner! :-D

Guy

Sweet! I unfortunately cannot share in your experiences. There is a really nice 240z that drives by my house every once in a while. Sometimes I'll be working on my car in the driveway and the guy just puts on a stone cold hard-a$$ face and drives by like he's the sh*t. Some people just aren't that friendly.

oh, you will have to tell us your driving impressions of the 240z!

Sometimes I'll be working on my car in the driveway and the guy just puts on a stone cold hard-a$$ face and drives by like he's the sh*t. Some people just aren't that friendly.

It's funny that you say that. There is a guy on my street that does it with his Nova to me. Especially if he sees me working on the ZX in the garage. Every now and then if I am not outside he'll light his tires up just to get my attention. I can't really say too much though... I do it to him too.:wink:

B___Sosick, I doubt I will get pics anytime soon. Maybe once my car is painted I will go over and get some pics of them together. I don't really want to ask to take pics of another guys car, seems kinda weird to me...LOL! Its pretty close in color to your 280ZX though.

Next time I see he I will tell him about our site and see if he'll post some pictures for all your viewing pleasure!

Guy

B___Sosick, I doubt I will get pics anytime soon. Maybe once my car is painted I will go over and get some pics of them together. I don't really want to ask to take pics of another guys car, seems kinda weird to me...LOL! Its pretty close in color to your 280ZX though.

Awe come on, it's a compliment to people. One day when I was in Corpus Christi, I saw a really clean Porsche 914 in someone's driveway. I stopped, knocked on the guy's door, and asked if I could take a few pictures. He told me , "Sure, I can back out the one's in the garage if you want some pictures of those also." He opened the door to show me his 930 and 911. I think the expression on my girlfriend's face kinda forced him to give us a ride in the 930. Verrrrry nice :-) I'm sure the owner of the Porsche's was happy that I stopped by -- I know I sure as hell was!

Awe come on, it's a compliment to people. One day when I was in Corpus Christi, I saw a really clean Porsche 914 in someone's driveway. I stopped, knocked on the guy's door, and asked if I could take a few pictures. He told me , "Sure, I can back out the one's in the garage if you want some pictures of those also." He opened the door to show me his 930 and 911. I think the expression on my girlfriend's face kinda forced him to give us a ride in the 930. Verrrrry nice :-) I'm sure the owner of the Porsche's was happy that I stopped by -- I know I sure as hell was!

haha this reminded me of a story I had forgotten about!!

One day, My g/f, my friend, and I were riding around in the Z (no I don't have a 2+2). We were going to get some pizza and I decided to cut through the neighborhoods as it was rush hour and all the main streets were crowded. Well, we drove by a house with an 80's Mercedes parked in front and the lady of the house watering the plants in their front yard. As I drove by, I happened to notice out of the corner of my eye a very strange looking car in the partially open garage. Being the car guy that I am, I halted all driving for the moment and jumped out of the car (startling the lady with the hose) and proceeded to ask her what kind of car that was. She took me into the garage and said they were mangusta's. Both of them... yes one was parked on top of the other on one of those lift thingies. (Technical term BTW) They apparently belonged to her husband, who she was sure could tell us alot more information about the cars than she could.

I will never forget the look on her face when she saw my friend crawling out of the hatch :D

I will never forget the look on her face when she saw my friend crawling out of the hatch :D

Riding "dead body". My step son does that alot. We always got strange looks. I would tell him to start screaming for help after I walked into the store. LOL

I would come back to a small crowd sometimes.

In the service I had one buddy with a 280 and another with an RX7. We usually had 3 people in each vehicle. All I can figure is the 280's must be a lot more roomy than 240's. I can clearly remember sitting upright in the back hatch leaning forward. There is no way I could do that in my 240.

I heard about that 240Z. A specialty shop in Sherwood about 15 minutes away said he has done some sevice work on it. He said it was a B. Jackson car. I used to live in Neenah. Should have mine at the Road America June Sprints next weekend if you go there. There is also a silver RHD 240 located in Appleton.

Where in WI do you live now? I know he doesnt do the work on the car but Im not sure where he gets it serviced/fixed.

I haven't seen the RHD 240 but I have seen a Green 280 with racing strips in Appleton.

Guy