HybridZ

Z31 Shiro CV shafts?

Z-TARD

Does anyone know of a source for these? I've looked at every website I can think of for them and all I can find is the standard turbo CV shafts. I'm planning on using the Shiro shafts with my R200 VLSD from an Infinity J30, along with Modern Motorsports Z31 CV adapters. The only part I can't find now is the 88 Z31 Shiro CV's. thanks in advance,

Mike

I think I finally found them here:http://catalog.nissanpartswholesale.com/

Part# CVU4520 (Drivers side)

and CVU4521 (Passengers side)

Each shaft is $101.14 with an additional $25.00 core charge. Not too bad.

Any additional sources would be welcome :)

Mike

I know the spline count is different. Finding the Shiro is going to be damn near impossible I think. Might want to consider trying the 240SX VLSD and seeing if that has the same spline count. If that works, maybe see if that outer matches up to the MM adapters for the companion flange. If not would the Z31T 4 bolt outers fit on the outboard end of the CV shaft? I also think you'd have to narrow the axles, but you should be able to find someone to either make you a new set of custom axles or narrow the existing ones and cut the splines if the OD is big enough.

One last thought is that you're going to a hell of a lot of trouble to use the VLSD. Might consider a different type of LSD, if you don't like the Nissan one maybe a KAAZ or Cusco.

This does seem like a lot of trouble to go through to use a limited slip setup thats probably not even that good anyway. Looks like I'll be spending some more time in the junkyard looking for an R200 CLSD out of a 300ZX. I have the standard turbo CV's already, so at this point it will probably be cheaper to go with a non VLSD diff.

I've tried to think of a way to use the J30 CV's to adapt this to the 280 stub axles, but the only way that seems likely to work involves custom machined shafts and adapters much like the R230 swap. With the Shiro CV's this could be swapped in using just the MM 300ZX compnion flange adapters. I might check with the local Nissan dealerships parts counter before totally scrapping the idea, but I bet thats going to be some serious $$$ :(

Mike

I've got one of those bastards too' date=' with no CV axles as well, so if you find an affordable source for them, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks,

Warren[/quote']

Heh Heh, the minority is growing..... Here I was, thinking I was going to be all original by doing this :rolleyesg