HybridZ

Pain decisions...

well, its about that time...gotta decide on a color. Probably not going into paint for another 2 - 3 weeks, but figure i might aswell get a head start on figuring this out.

I've been almost completely set on a nice deep blue, maybe something like this...

The-best-blue-in-the-biz---BMW-M5-pic-17-6841110.jpg

but i've also seen some amazing coppers, and red's out there...

I don't want a common color that i'll lose in the parking lot.

So, figured i'd see what all your favorite color's are...maybe post some pics...i dunno. Don't want black, and i havn't seen a green i like. Anyway, lets see what ya got!

Thanks alot!

EDIT: its supposed to say "paint" decisions ;P

I like Corvette "Dark Cloissonne Met. Poly." It looks purple at night under street lights. I painted my CRX that color seven or eight years ago. Got lots of compliments.

Here's a picture of a dudes Chevelle painted that color.

69Malibu.jpg

Guest ON3GO
I'd say laguna seca blue, but ON3GO already has one...

ya but thats not very deep..

i would deff do that blue thats on that M5... i so love BMW colors!

theres a blue thats on the new S4's that i love!

That's just unbelievable fall-into-the-paint-because-it's-so-deep blue that I have ever seen! Even from my computer screen' date=' it looks increadible!!!!! Good choice :2thumbs:

Davy[/quote']

Thanks DavyZ! That picture was taken the day of the painting and I still need to buff it out. It's called Maui Blue Pearl Metallic.

wow....for a blue, i don't think it's possible to top that color. what was the price range for that paint? im assuming you did it yourself, as im gonna do.

Thanks... I can't tell you how long it took me to pick that color out. I started with ~ 400 paint chips and narrowed it down to my top 3. Bought a pint of each and sprayed some test panels...then settled on this one. I believe I paid ~$36 a pint for the color. I'm thinking it will take a total of 4 quarts (plus or minus a pint) to cover the entire car (minus engine bay).

This will be a 'garage' paint job. The gentleman holding the fender is my gramps. He owned/operated a body shop here in SoCal for over 30 years. He's the trigger man for the main panels since I don't have the skills to paint more than the jams and small pieces.

do you have any pictures of the car back together?

Not yet... still a couple months away... but I'll post when I do!

thanks, thats about what i was budgeting for paint.

and yea...i can imagine how long that took...were they all blue colors?

complete side note, but as far as primer goes, how should i attack that? i'll be spraying primer in about a week or two to give myself some time to sand it and prep it the right way. already sanded the whole car with 100 grit.

Is there a certain brand or type of primer to use? i've heard that its a good idea to buy from the same place as the paint...

haha, im shooting straight in the dark with all this.

thanks!