HybridZ

Hey Sr240z!1 update?!

majik16106

Just curious how you guys are coming? im actually holding off on my brother's car until i see how the turbo combo and 4.11 works out for ya'll... hehe.when are We going to get dyno's..vids?..new pics? sorry but im on the edge of my seat. hope everything is coming along for you guys!

Paul

yea, we were supposed to dyno about a month or more ago. When we got to the dyno we couldnt get the dynojet to read the RPM so there was no point to run with no RPM readings.

Since that day we have been to busy to go back, but we are hoping to hit the dyno very soon since we are going to have a magazine shot that wants real numbers and driving tests. Right now we are just running on a conservative street tune and the car is awesome.

does it feel laggy?.. thats my biggest concern. i love the weight savings a dist.. but the lag scares me.. i can get a better power/weight with a 7m and have great spool.. but i like the positioning/look of the sr and the ease of working on them.. plus the 7m isnt exactly famous for its affinity for revving.

were running the 4.375 gearing in an r180 with a nismo 2way lsd. Ive driven a r32 gtr with a hks kai bb and that was insanely laggy to me, no full spool till about 6200rpm but all the way to 9500rpm.

Our car doesnt feel that laggy really and still has some decent low end to get around town. If you do get stuck in 3rd in a quick race, just clutch kick the sucker and off you go.

I gotta mention that that grey Z on the left is quite possibly the coolest looking Z out there.That color w/ all the black trim,mirrors,airdam,etc is so trick it's sick.Those dished wheels under the flairs,oh man.That's how I want my Z to look.Very inspirational.:2thumbs:

Yeah i'm going to be buying a set of those RS-Wantanabes (not very cheap, got a quote for $2,260.00) here pretty quick myself, same size and everything, but i'm goin with gunmetal grey on the rims, that and a G-Nose, and my color is a Porsche solid petrol blue. But I do have to admit, Alex's build Is probly the closest to my dream Z as I have ever seen. Good job, definately one that's for the record books!

yah i feel bad.. when my car gets back from body it will look almost identicle to alex's.. he painted his just the way i wanted.. except mine will be on ccw's most of the time whereas he has the rs wheels.

still cant wait to see dyno and numbers.. mine is and will be a street car so im only lookin for maybe 375-400rwhp max. but with a sport turbo on a 7m i can do that will full boost at 2800rpm and all the six cyl torque. i may stick with the supra motors.. i was just thinkin it would be cool to have the weight and weight position id get with an sr.

it all depends on the tires you got. We are running Advan A048 tires and it grabs pretty damn hard, i can get them to spin a little if i slam 4th hard and this is only on a street tune at around 380-400whp right now.

yea' date=' we were supposed to dyno about a month or more ago. When we got to the dyno we couldnt get the dynojet to read the RPM so there was no point to run with no RPM readings.

Since that day we have been to busy to go back, but we are hoping to hit the dyno very soon since we are going to have a magazine shot that wants real numbers and driving tests. Right now we are just running on a conservative street tune and the car is awesome.[/quote']

Are you using SDS? i had problems with mine on my rb26 and the rpm signal breaking up. i ended up finding positive battery cable had worn thru on the driveshaft and that is what we think was causing the signal to break up.

• 2 years later...