HybridZ

Tree Fiddy Z

johnc

6. Develop suspension/chassis mods within the SP rule set.

7. Baseline the car against the national level BSP competition (Bob Tunnel's M3, Jason Uyeda's S2K, Buetlow's C4 Corvette).

What IS allowed in SP class? I was wondering because I'm looking for a daily driver, now that my truck blew up! :icon6:

What IS allowed in SP class? I was wondering because I'm looking for a daily driver, now that my truck blew up!

A fully prepared Street Prepared category Solo2 car is not street legal and would be difficult to drive on the street. Most run extremely lightwieght flywheels and multi-disc 5.5" OD clutches, aftermarket EMS, high spring rates, multi-adjustable shocks, etc. But, you don't have to prepare the car to the limit of the rules.

Go to http://www.scca.org and download the Solo2 rule set under the "Solo" category.

u gonna keep it n/a?

Yup. Rules require NA.

I just read that the stock Z base model weights 3188lb. And some people have removed 300lbs. So looks like 2900lb should be doable. Maybe even 2800lb if you go more drastic.

"Typical" SP legal weight reduction is around 15% of the original vehcile weight. I'll be corner weighing the car on Wednesday 7/12.

"Typical" SP legal weight reduction is around 15% of the original vehcile weight. I'll be corner weighing the car on Wednesday 7/12.

Wow never heard about that. I knew someone running in csp at the national level (I think) running a really stripped early miata. It was fully stripped and didn't even have a front windshield. I remember him telling me it weighed 1800lbs and the stock weight was 2250 on those. He might not have been running at the national level though so is this a local rule kindof enforced are is it in the rule book that is too long to read at the moment? Thanks and good luck.

It was fully stripped and didn't even have a front windshield.

That would not be a legal SP car. You must run a glass windshield (and all other stock glass), full interior, and stock metal body panels.

That would not be a legal SP car. You must run a glass windshield (and all other stock glass), full interior, and stock metal body panels.

Well knowing my memory he probably wasn't in csp. Not sure what group he was running then maybe CM. Thanks and back to you local hybridZ forum.

This is an S30 forum! J/K Really nice Tree Fiddy! I can't wait to see you tune it and use it. It may inspire me to go Tree Fiddy myself.

Congrats & good luck!

I can't wait until 350z owners start comming here and have ls1 swaps going on. I think it would be cool!