HybridZ

Arizona gt40

zguy36

Guest ON3GO

how fast would this sucker spool on a well prepped L28ET?

what kind of flange is needed for my manifold?

what could this turbo do in terms of power on a L28ET, 600whp? 800whp? more?

also.. for the big one. Could i easily just weld the wastegate hole shut and run my Tial 38mm Wastage???

thanks

mike

Yes, this is a gt4082. The compressor really isn't that much bigger than the compressor on my t3/t4 hybrid with a v trim wheel. The exhaust side however is an order of magnitude bigger than the stock t3 exhaust wheel! I am going to try running the internal gate (probably futile) that came on this turbo. The weld els are from www.mcmaster.com I had the flanges on the manifold water jet cut out of 1/2" stainless, but it ended up being more like 3/8" by the time they were milled flat again. It was all tig welded together and weighs nearly what a stock cast manifold weights. Sch20 pipe is actually pretty dang thick. I am not sure when this thing is going to spool at, but I bet it will be later than sooner! To combat spool issues, I built a flap that closes off half of the housing (divided housing) until full boost comes in. This halves the AR ratio of the turbo and should help spool. The increased backpressure might be an issue though. For only $420 shipped to my door, I figured I can't go wrong with a high hp experiment

Yup, it did turn out to be a 30psi wastegate. With a quick bit of cutting and replacing of the diaphram spring, I have to back down to a managable 12psi wastegate. With a bit or rod tensioning, I even got the twin scroll flap to open just before the wastegate start to open. Should be great for building boost a bit quicker with a foolproof actuation.