HybridZ

newbie turbo ?

Guest rickh77

Guest rickh77

I recently picked up a '81 L28et (minus the "t"), so I am in the market for a turbo. I have searched the forums and found a lot of great information. My plan is to drop the engine in a early 1974 260Z and make it a daily driver/kick the pants off of the N/A ricer kids here vehicle. I am between a T3 from a donor Z-car, a T30/T04 hybrid and a Holset. I can get a H1c here locally for a good price, but I could not find much info on the H1c as far as the driveability and performace this turbo has on the L28 engine. I guess what I am looking for is a little direction, if some can help.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rickh77

Well, I hate to say it, but I got a great deal on a Holset Hy35. Now my question has changed a little. After reading up on the Holsets I need some direction in the wastegate area. The turbo is stock with everything attatched and around 50,000 miles. Anyway, what modifications, other than the porting of the wastegate hole, are required. I read that people are using the stock ZXT wastegate actuator, but I don't have one. Is there anything I can do the the stock Holset one or do I need to try and find a substitute?

Thanks for the help

• 2 weeks later...