HybridZ

Hey Myron...your old wheels?

Guest dankinzle

Guest Anonymous

Dan,

I bought the car from Myron. The wheels are Weld Wheels. I can look up the part numbers later if you want them, but they have about 8 holes that 4 of them line up. 16x8. Nice rims.

Dan, FYI...that wheel is a Drag race only wheel... Don't plan to hammer the curves or an autocross event with them... Check with Weld before you buy any of their wheels, as they have wheels that are more suited for different applications...

Mike

------------------

http://hometown.aol.com/dat74z/myhomepage/auto.html

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Anonymous

Mike,

I checked their website, and there are specific sizes that warrant being called drag race only. The others are listed for street/strip. I think I may look for another set of wheels when I go autocrossing. We'll see.

Thanks

Ct..

I'm going to step in here too. I had some very nice "Duralight" wheels, that were a racing wheel designed for road course racing. Two wheels (not at the same time) developed cracks due to having street tires and street duty on them. Being I thought "racing" was better and tougher that DOT, I was a bit perplexed. The manufacturer then told me the additional weight, and air pressure of the DOT tires is what will kill a light (read racing) wheel. The cracks could have been catastrophic had I not found them when I did. And a drag racing wheel "was even more dangerous on the street" than what I had. Just my $.02 worth.

Terry

The model of wheel on my previous car

were perfectly suited for street use

on any vehicle not exceeding 4800lbs.

I do not know how the SCCA rule book

reads but think they do not allow any

two piece wheel of that nature. If you look

closely at the "drag use only" disclaimer

on the info for those wheels they list

the front runners 15x3-4 and then the 15x12's for wide slicks. Most of the other sizes are for street use.

Myron