HybridZ

Pickle phobia... you gotta be kidding me

Guest ON3GO

Haha' date=' Talk about someone who will always be single

I would so be tempted to put a pickle in her mouth when she is sleeping[/quote']

Maybe thats how she got that phobia... someone put a "pickle" in her mouth when she was sleeping...

Guest ON3GO
Maybe thats how she got that phobia... someone put a "pickle" in her mouth when she was sleeping...

ya but she is afriad of the color.. so unless that guy was the incredible hulk i doubt it was that :D

Phobias are odd things - I have a friend who is claustrophobic, but can point to no particular incident that triggered it. He tells me it isn't like "Oh, I just hate enclosed spaces", it's more like "If I'm stuck in a small place I'll scream and beat the walls with my fists until my hands are bloody pulp and if I don't get out soon I'll kill myself" kind of emotion. Totally irrational, and totally uncontrollable. Personally, I have a strong dislike for the texture of cotton balls - it isn't the sight, nor is it even holding one in my hand, it's the texture when I squeeze it between my fingers. Not a "phobia", exactly, but an intense dislike. Sort of like many people feel about nails on a chalkboard. I have no problem with fabric, or Q-Tips, or anything other than little hunks of cotton. The only thing I can think of is that when I was a kid I hurt myself a lot, and when going to a doctor they'd swab your arm with alcohol on a cotton ball; but I don't have a problem with getting a shot (or any more of a problem than the normal "uck, needles" kind of thing). Odd.