HybridZ

Attn: Admin - Banned Users List?

Guest 280ZForce

Guest 280ZForce

Admin/Moderators/Etc,

Is there any way to make a locked thread sticky in this forum for a list of previous members who have been banned and a briefing of why they were banned?

it doesnt have to be open for discussion, but just a list/reason for those curious and for those who didn't know why they were banned.

just for general use and visionary support for all of us that are still active members and wondering why so and so was banned, etc.

Just a thought, please let me know what you guys think.

We typically don't do this kind of thing... Once in a while when someone has been so disrespectful, we'll post it and make sure everyone understands why.

However, By and large, it really doesn't serve a purpose. What you guys need to know is that, although we don't always agree, and some of us certainly don't get along, we don't ban people for just having a difference of opinion. If that was the case, half the board would be gone! :lmao:

As long as members follow the rules posted in a sticky above every forum category, things go well... When people lose their objectivity and get personal, that's when things go wrong...

Mike Kelly

I think that having the list would cure some peoples curiousity and confussion on why someone was banned BUT in the long run it would cause people to get offended and want to argue about such things. I have been a member awhile and have seen only a few people banned and every single one of them was valid in my opinion. Plus I don't think an admin has banned someone without telling us why (except with the person who was banned yesterday, but I believe all will be told when the time is right).

I think Mike and Thumper are right. It could, and probably would, cause problems. I don't think the admins/mods would ban anyone without just cause and they have always been forthcoming with thier reasoning.

Like Mike said:

When people lose their objectivity and get personal, that's when things go wrong...

Creating a post listing banned members might only create shouting matches and more 'bannings'.