HybridZ

Here's how I'm going to paint my Z

Austin240Z

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now THAT is a great idea. I like the paint layout, and it should really look good on the street. My question is where can I get a plastic kit like that? I am in the same place trying to figure out paint and graphics, and that would shure make it easier to see what it will look like.

Now THAT is a great idea. I like the paint layout, and it should really look good on the street. My question is where can I get a plastic kit like that? I am in the same place trying to figure out paint and graphics, and that would shure make it easier to see what it will look like.

Its a Revell Model kit

picture1005pi.jpg

picture1014hx.jpg

It comes with those stripes, but I loved how it looked on the box and decided I wanted to do that on my car, or at the very least a variation of that...

I may put "DEMON" in place of Datsun on the hood, since I went to go buy my Z on 06/06/06. I've been calling it the "Demon Z" since I got it

I mentioned this once before but the game Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 for the PS2 has a pixel by pixel paint program that allows you to change the reflectivity of the paint from primer to candy as well as draw your own graphics with a mouse pointer type interface, and was only $19.95 new, so should be available used for under $15 now. It features all generations of the z car (after you unlock them) from the S30 to present...

I mentioned this once before but the game Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 for the PS2 has a pixel by pixel paint program that allows you to change the reflectivity of the paint from primer to candy as well as draw your own graphics with a mouse pointer type interface, and was only $19.95 new, so should be available used for under $15 now. It features all generations of the z car (after you unlock them) from the S30 to present...

I may have to go buy that then!

I like that paintjob a LOT! too bad i cant afford to paint my Z yet... I've got some paint chips on the hood that are starting to rust just a little... and i really want that stuff of of there before it spreads, that stuff is like cancer for a car :-(

beleive me, i know the feeling... I dont have a lot of cash, and i have to fix the car before i can paint it.... My rear left drum is locked up solid and I cant get it to come off and on top of that my engine has decided it wont stay on...

But I am definately gonna paint it like that as soon as I get it all fixed up, it'll be a few months, but it's gonna look awesome

That's pretty cheap, unfortunately, the PS2 to make it work is a little more spendy. Actually, for some reason, i have four or five PS2 games but have never had the console. I imagine they'll be pretty cheap in foir-six months though with the PS3 comin' out.

That's pretty cheap, unfortunately, the PS2 to make it work is a little more spendy

I'm pretty sure it's still cheaper than a real version of Photoshop though. I just put that out there because it was a sort of cult game that made it to the PS2 from the Sega Dreamcast, and not many people know about it. It's a fun series where you drive around on the streets and flash your brights at different car clubs to make them race you, and once you beat them, the leader will come out, and it's all dramatic. I'm pretty sure it's based on Wangan Midnight, because the boss has always been the devil Z from that series. Even has a black 993 porsche that comes out as one of the final bosses. The PS2 has such a huge market penetration, I just figured that for $15, even if you don't like the game, it would be a fun tool for anybody who has the system and enjoys a lot of different kind of cars (even has a C-4 vette, a Pantera, a Boss 302, and a Knight Rider firebird).

Really? Thats cool. I've been wanting to pick up a copy of Forza Motorsport for my Xbox. I've played the game a ton from Blockbuster rentals, but i've never owned it. It has a few Z-cars in it, too, and you can do pretty custom graphics, but no paint-it-yourself options. You have to morph pre-made shapes into what you want, but i've got the hang of it. Maybe I can do one up for you and somehow get a screen-capture of it.

I like Forza a lot, its a great racing sim. But the graphics editor they advertised as being the most powerful paintjob simulator available, and its laughable next to TX3's. You MIGHT be able to get that graphic, but if I remember correctly, it doesn't give you any alphabet to write out Datsun, especially not in that font. You'd have to use the straight line graphic a bunch of times to make your own letters, I imagine it would be pretty tedious, and wouldn't give you any better idea of the final product than this model kit does. Plus I don't think I'd have any luck simulating my paint scheme...

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=112218