HybridZ

240sx with a ford 302 swap

auxilary

ok, so here's the deal. my friends (i helped some too) built an s13 with a 5.0 out of an 89 mustang in it. it's running on its own power, and it's a drift car.

here's the problem: the 2 way lsd in the s13 is 4.10 gearing. too high, and no traction with 245 tires. While traction's not an issue, the gearing is too short.

So... my question is this: does anyone know if earlier 3.36/3.54 280Z r200 ring gear will work in a later r200? Or if any other differentials with lower gearing will work as a bolt in?

The ring gear carrier from the earlier R200 may be a bolt in item, but the pinion (matching pinion) gear will ultimately prevent this from being an option. In short, no. You'll need to do your "work" in a higher transmission gear I suppose.

BTW, and photo of the conversion?? I'm looking strongly at doing the same work.

the motor practically sits on stock crossmember, tranny has to be modified. oilpan has to be customized too. also no room for a fan, so electric fan needs to sit outside of the radiator as a puller

i'll see if i can get pics