HybridZ

Anyone know who makes these springs?

A lot of companies. I've bought blue springs from h & r before, although the last set I got for my altima were black. They tend to stamp their logo on the coils though. Where did you get the suspension, and was it advertized as containing a certain brand of spring?

A lot of companies. I've bought blue springs from h & r before, although the last set I got for my altima were black. They tend to stamp their logo on the coils though. Where did you get the suspension, and was it advertized as containing a certain brand of spring?

I bought the whole suspension/4 wheel disc brake setup from someone here who can't be reached, he's in Iraq. And from the problems I've had so far with this setup there is no telling what the springs are. The car is sitting too high in the front and too low in the back. We thought maybe they were installed F/B wrong so we switched them, same result.

What I have is a 280Z with a Chevy V8. I am converting to Toyota 4 caliper front brakes and 280ZX rear discs. I picked up the whole front and rear suspensions, complete with new bushings and struts. I have had problems with this whole conversion, nothing is what it was supposed to be. The rear is 280ZX, or at least its supposed to be. We changed out the CV stubs for my 280Z U-joint stubs because I didn't want to pay for the adapters. I'm now wondering if that 280ZX rear suspension is actually going to work.

That may be your problem right there. I know the rear suspension on the ZX doesn't look anything like the Z from checking them out in the boneyard, so it's possible (probable, really) that if you have a 280z with a smallblock in the front, and it STILL sits too high, the parts just may not be compatible...But just to be clear, you have ZX springs and struts, or just ZX hubs and rotors?

That may be your problem right there. I know the rear suspension on the ZX doesn't look anything like the Z from checking them out in the boneyard, so it's possible (probable, really) that if you have a 280z with a smallblock in the front, and it STILL sits too high, the parts just may not be compatible...But just to be clear, you have ZX springs and struts, or just ZX hubs and rotors?

Yep, thats it, sort of. We finally started measuring things what I really have is 240Z parts with ZX brakes, not the ZX parts like I was told. The geometry is totally different between the 240 and 280, springs are about 3 inches shorter on the 240 and the struts are smaller. So tomorrow we go back to the 280 stuff, change all the bushings I have and put the ZX discs back on. While we're at it we're doing the same thing to the front. What a mess, its tough when you trust someone. I don't know if he lied to me or he just thought it would all fit. Live and learn.

Did your old springs have it sitting the way you want? A friend of mine with the JTR kit had to cut his stock front springs to get the car looking normal again, because it was too high in the front.

Yes it did. But I am running a Scarab kit now, going to JTR when I do the LT1 conversion. Thanks for the warning, we'll see what happens then. It might balance out since I am adding AC to the car which puts a bit more weight up front.