HybridZ

Datsun 510 vs Toyota Celica

Guest l28et

Which is cooler?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which is cooler?

:confused: My dad had a white Celica when I was born so, it has a sweet spot in my heart cause, all those 10-10ths rides my dad gave me in that thing are probably responsible for me loving to go fast all the time. The NICKEL-DIME is also a really cool car, I owned a wagon one for a short while but I got an offer I could'nt refuse. (Like 4 times what I had payed for it) I guess I'd have to have both, this way I sure will be happy. I think I lean towards the TOYTOY though.

grupa_b_celica.gif

209995456.jpg

Speaking of Celica's my buddy is going to be listing his for sale shortly...

Any ideas on what his reserve'll be???????

Thanks 240ztt.

I haven't really decided a firm number but I would be looking to get about $4k or best offer. There is a neat story but here is the brief:

• 84k original miles--of this about half of the miles were accumulated as the Celica was used as a dinghy (towed behind a motorhome). I still have the towing aparatus to back up the story from the 2nd owner.
  • All records back to date of delivery at Tenny Toyota in Seattle Aug. 1972. Even have the original keys --two sets and a third set that I use which are copies. The original AM radio still works and is present.
  • New calipers, rotors, brake hoses, brake pads. Extra set of new calipers come with the car. New silicone vacuum hoses (6) installed from Hose Techniques. New Toyota iginition coil. New trunk weatherstrip from Toyota installed 01/15/07. New Optima red top battery.
  • New tires and the Enkei's that are on the car come with two extra spare Enkei wheels--same size, color, and offset for a total of six wheels.
  • No cracks present on the dash; comes with dash cover--the fabric type which just lays over the dash. The seats are not ripped or stained or torn in any way. The carpet is all originial with no holes or other issues. It currently has NOS red AMCO rubber floormats which I found on ebay a few years ago.
  • Some extra new parts that go with it : two sets of NGK wires, carburetor rebuild kit, new Toyota fuel pump, new radiator hoses and Nissan two wire type clamps.

I am probably forgetting some details as this was unexpected. The Celica always starts on the first turn of the key. I have only put about 2,000 miles on it since I bought it back in December 2004. Since it gets cold here in the D.C. area the heat works like a champ. I know I will live to regret it if the car does find a new home but as my signature will attest I have too many cars and not enough time.