HybridZ

what is my Z worth?

Guest cheska

Guest cheska

I had a beautiful 1983 280Z, and then I wrecked it. The hood and right fender are crunched, and the radiator is pushed up to the fan. The car started after the wreck, and now it has been sitting for 3 years. The car was garage kept both before and after the wreck. There is no rust, no other dings, great red interior, t-tops, rims, etc. I am moving and have to sell it. How much do you think I should ask for?

Wow, that sucks that it got crunched, looks like a really clean car.

How much damage is there to the frame / radiator support?

Also, on the ad you probably should post the milage, that will tell someone how much us the motor / trans has had.

I can't really tell you what the worth is, but it seems really clean, so it could be worth a few $k.

Guest cheska

The frame is definitely bent, and won't be as strong if welded back. I'm not sure about the radiator support. Since I haven't driven it for a few years I have lost some familiarity with the mechanic's input. So much of the car is still in such great shape! I hope that whoever I end up selling it to will fix it and not use it for parts.

Guest cheska

I don't have any more pics on this computer, but maybe I'll get some on here tomorrow. Suffice to say front bumper, hood, right front fender, and everything else in front of the radiator is gone or messed up, the coolant overflow tank is pushed up, and the fan is against the radiator (but engine still ran somehow). The left front fender and light assembly got out free!

The guys have been dreaming about anything over $1000. If this is not for the insurance company, your car is maybe worth $500. Yes, I said $500. You have a bent frame, frontal damage that will require extensive bodywork, etc. Most insurance companies will write it off completely. If you part out the car, you'll get more. I have been keeping track of the price of ZXs on Craigslist for the past three months, so I can tell you that out here in Kali it's $500. Remember, the one thing guys are keeping out of the estimate of value is the opportunity cost involved with buying your car, getting it fixed, and hoping for the best vs the next best alternative, which is a similar car in decent condition. Around here, ZXs are not going for very much $1500 to $3000 MAX and that's for a running car with no real damage.

Davy

Guest cheska

70000 miles on it. It worked fine. Drove it for three years without any mechanical problems. It is an automatic and the A/C worked but needed new freon.