HybridZ

My new 71 240Z

EZ-E

I cannot believe I got this car for such a cheap price. I paid 2500 dollars, and yes the paint on it is a$$ but no worries, that will be taken care of.

It is very clean, the seats were redone in leather, seems the bottom end was rebuilt in 2000 and the head just recently. So the motor should be sound.

The only flaw in the car is the passenger frame rail, where it look as if it was jacked or something hit it. Its pushed and bent in.

Seems I might have to cut a little bit of floor and some of the rail for repair, then badogs frame rails will go over both sides after some clean up and rust prevention.

It is the only problem Ive seen with the car, there is a little bit of surface rust here and there, but that will be cleaned and preped as well.

I figure with sanding the body down and a new paint job, new wheels, some ZG flares, she will start looking very nice right away.

Then of course will come the motor swap, and Im thinking V8 this time, but if money becomes an issue, theres always just the turbo swap for a good reliable 300 hp.

I have though been concidering the ford 87-92 5.0 swap, and hoping for 350 at the wheels. Thinking a good set of heads, cam and a procharger would meet this goal easily.

Well now for some photos.

http://www.si39.com/240z.html

See the previous owners website.

Awsome find. Can't believe you paid $2500 either. That is in better condition than mine.

Funny thing. I use to live in Redondo Beach' date=' now I live in Maryland and I drive a dec 70 240Z that is registered as a 71.[/quote']

Now how is that for karma or however you wish to look at it. Thats just crazy your in Maryland now, and used to live where this car is from.

I feel I was very lucky too, I was as they say just there at the right time. Up late because I couldnt sleep. The seller must have just put it up because I was looking at another car.

Then as I come back from looking it just popped up there it was, BIN for 2500. Looked over everything and said its well worth the 2500.

that's awesome!

going to keep it stock because it's "numbers matching"? or upgrade?

:icon56:

No shes not going to stay stock :lmao: As I posted before Im thinking of doing a 87-92 5.0 swap with a supercharger for a good solid reliable 350hp to the wheels and some neck snapping torque.

This is going to be a fun little car. ;)