HybridZ

anybody got toyota callipers laying around?

you could put your stock ones back in the box and the monkeys at pep boys will never know the difference.

Most just want a core and as long as they see there is one they don't know or care if it's the same. I had purchased an alternator for a Firebird and returned it because i didn't care for the counterpersons attitude. I forgot to get my core back for the the next purchase, so a friends shop had an extra junk alternator for a Camry. So when i bought it at another store that's all i turned in as a core, of course that's after i made sure i brought home the Firebird alternator and made sure it fit first. Just go home and come back the next day and find another person to turn in the core if your paranoid.:icon6:

you could put your stock ones back in the box and the monkeys at pep boys will never know the difference.

Thats what i did.

Although i ended up never using them, so I've got a pair of new ones for the vented brakes. Also have the Z31 vented rotors and 5 lug hubs and custom spacers.. need to post the damn things on the sale forum as a package. PM me an offer if youre interested in the package.

Try your locar import wrecking yard. Mine cost $20.00 each. That's in California, I don't know what the prices are like where you are. These even had new pads on them! No core deposit.

Most just want a core and as long as they see there is one they don't know or care if it's the same. I had purchased an alternator for a Firebird and returned it because i didn't care for the counterpersons attitude. I forgot to get my core back for the the next purchase, so a friends shop had an extra junk alternator for a Camry. So when i bought it at another store that's all i turned in as a core, of course that's after i made sure i brought home the Firebird alternator and made sure it fit first. Just go home and come back the next day and find another person to turn in the core if your paranoid.:icon6:

Thats what i did.

Although i ended up never using them' date=' so I've got a pair of new ones for the vented brakes. Also have the Z31 vented rotors and 5 lug hubs and custom spacers.. need to post the damn things on the sale forum as a package. PM me an offer if youre interested in the package.[/quote']

I am learning SOOO MUCH from this forum :lmao:

Those S12-W jobs can be bolted right on to the car...right? The only mod that needs to happen is the dust shield has to be cut or removed...right? No spacers? this is one of my Christmas projects and I don't want to screw it up.

Those S12-W jobs can be bolted right on to the car...right? The only mod that needs to happen is the dust shield has to be cut or removed...right? No spacers?
No, you are refering to the S12. The S12-W use vented rotors and need spacers.

• 2 weeks later...
AutoZone has LOADED calipers for $79

S12+8

i gave em my old Z brakes for the cores.. they didnt know

a friend of mine works at autozone, and i can say that it is true that most of the time they dont notice that you are turning in a diff part as a core. the part couldve been upgraded as years gone by, or had a recall and changed its design etc. they probably wont say anthing if you give them your z calipers as a core. and hey its worth a shot.

also heres a cool tip: if you buy somthing with lifetime warranty or say 3 year warranty (ie rotors) you can get a new set AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT as long as you have a core. think about it... spare batteries, spare rotors, spare ANYTHING under lifetime as long as you have a core to turn in. source the cores from a JY and stock up on NEW parts... at JY prices.

The s12-8 bolt on calipers came on what make/year/vehicle? I know its a 4x4 toyota truck of some form. I need to do this, 79$ loaded(this means with pads im guessing) is each, right? Thanks.
Check out the sticky in the brakes section, http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=104735. It lists all the specifics on which years, etc.

I would be very cautious of using the pads that came in "loaded" calipers. I'm guessing they are generics designed for mildly driven cars. I had a pair of Napa generics I put in my S12-8 calipers. I put them on Friday night before a track day since I didn't have time for good pads to be shipped. At the end of the day (5 sessions) I had almost no pad material left. Not bad for 100 miles. :(

BTW, I have those calipers available - PM me if you're interested.