HybridZ

Who makes 235/245 wide 15" tires?

street performance tires, that is. right now I have yokohama es100 225/50/15, but I want to set up a staggerred pattern with wider rears (there's a reason for it... 3/4" sway bar and mid engined Z = lots of over steer)

and preferably not expensive

BFG makes 235/60, 245/60 and 255/60's for 15" wheels. All are around $70 per tire. I've bought them from Jeg's. They lasted longer than I thought they would. I later replaced with Mickey Thompsons. I think M/T has ET Street tires in 235's.

Guest 81na ZX

Cooper. The Cobra GT gets up to 295 on a 15". Not a "performance" tire per se, its under their passenger line not ultra high performance, but they make wide small tires, I have em on my Mk2 Supra w/ 14x7 stock - which makes about the same power as a stock L28e but with a couple hundered more lbs of curb weight.

Hmm... I'm looking for sticky street tires, guess I'm relatively limited to the 225/50/15s then. 16" wheels would open up a lot more options, but I don't want to spend the $ and wheels I want aren't available in 16"

plus i already bought the 002s :)

Did you know http://www.tirerack.com has a search by tire size function? I just checked 245/50/15 and it looks like there is a Dunlop SP Sport 8000 with a 200 treadwear. Price is $156 each. There is also a Hoosier DOT tire, but I'm guessing you aren't interested in that one.

I was kinda suprised to see how few options there are in 15's.

Don't think there are alot of options for 16" either. I have 16 x 9 on my car and 245/45 is about all anyone makes. I would love to put a 275 series on the rear but it really isn't a option. You need to move up to 17's it seems.