HybridZ

WOW aluminum heads are light!

you would never believe the differance in weight between iron and aluminum heads on a big block CHEVY or HEMI if you think those SMALL BLOCK heads are a big differance

Who said these were small block heads? :hmm:

Edit: ;) just messin'

They're GM L92 heads. :D

All-aluminum small block with the displacement of a big block - awesome!

BTW my Brodix Race-Rite aluminum heads (big block) weighed about 90 pounds for the pair, fully assembled. Cast iron heads are supposed to be 70-80 lbs heavier!

:shock::eek::eek2:

*GASP* It's big! (understatement of the century) Have fun twisting the Z in half! :2thumbs:

Davy

Bill Buck assures me that won't be a problem. :) He'll do the motor drop-in for me at little to no extra charge over the chassis work that's the real reason the car's going to him.

look nice...

:cool: These are my first *new* set of heads (last 2 sets were used), so I'm going to have to go ahread and agree with you on that one.

Like I was saying before you headed to dinner, these are "cheapie" heads. They came new with valves and rockers still in sealed bags from GM for $525 shipped for the pair! These heads are going to change the way people look at a small block build. I'll have flow number from this set next week, but expect no less than 320cfm @550-600 on the intake from unported factory GM castings, at a price for the assembled pair less than most single heads are bare. Valves are 2.16" intake 1.59" exhaust.

ETA on the turbo, i/c, wastegate, and BOV 2 weeks.

Shop that was going to build my shortblock up and went out of business!! Trying to figure out what to do about that now. It's getting tempting to just have Katech do it.... sure it'll run me an extra few K, but seriously, at least I'll know these things:

1) I'll get the motor (they won't go out of business or leave me hanging)

2) I'll get the motor on the timeframe they tell me up front (and it's a short one, they don't joke around)

3) The motor WILL be built right to take the power I want to give it

Trying to decide if the worry-prevention is worth the cost...

It looks like Taylor at Mizfit Motorsports will be building my motor. We talked on the phone today and he told me to really consider having LSM Systems Engineering make me a custom billet LSx block. It only adds ~2k to the price of the build (over the Darton sleeved LS2 block), yet offers 7 times the strength of a C5-R block. The oil and cooling systems have been redesigned as well, eliminating the need to switch to a dry sump system in extreme applications. I'm thinking that will be a wise decision. LSM says they can provide the ready-to-assemble custom block in 1 week.