HybridZ

Body work again!! Lotsa pix!!

280zex

I got this car out of the junk yard like this....I paid 700.00$

IMG_0028.jpg

4,000.00$ and 7 months later It looked like this...

WestSeattle.jpg

Then I decided to do some low speed aero "mods" like this:sad:

P4050013a.jpg

After 6 months and some realy bad twists of fate in my personal life I got off my ... and did this as of last night...actualy it took 6.5 hours.

P7310016.jpg

And while I was at it I painted and rewired my engine compartment. That took all of saturday..

P3240013.jpg

I think I'm gona go with a pin-on fiberglass cowl hood as I plan on installing a 350 and 700r4 trans this winter. I just gota sell off the straight 6 and 5 speed first!! I only have 60k on the engine and 8k on the trans. 60mm TB, Cam, Megasquirt and Innovative WB O2 also. I want more hp at the wheel. Either I install a turbo or swap the engine out for a V8. Once the car is fixed up(again) It will not be my daily driver any more. Olliver at Z-Specialties(Snohomish, Washington) hooked me up with an original old-school whale tail:icon6: for the rear.

Whale tail mock up....

WhaleTail.jpg

I have been thinking about doing a checkered flag pin stripe decal about 7 inch wide from the front all the way back. My little brother has a plotter and can make me any decal I want!!!!!! any size too!! I should post some of his work as I know he's pretty amped in doing my decals. Anyway if any of you have any questions about how I did my body kit-MSA type 2 and 3 mix- feel free to e-mail me I have lots of pix..Yes I did All of the body work myself. The entire kit is foam filled as well.

280zex@comcast.net

Nice deal from the junk yard. I'm moving to Washington. If you haven't found them yet, to to http://www.up22.com it's a place called "Unlimited Products" here in Southern Cal. They offer fiberflass Z hoods from $209.00 for stock hinge mounts, up to $559.00 for full pin-on race weight hoods. It will take them a good 6 weeks to get it together, but it's good stuff.