HybridZ

What kind of car is this

Lunar240z

It's a Triumph TR7. I had one once. I was going to do a Chevy V6 swap (John's cars makes a kit for this) but decided against it since I could get a Z and do a V8 swap for as much money but get better power and have a better car (IMO). Most old British cars have Lucas electrics, something you'd rather not get to know...

A friend in college had a TR8 (215 ci Rover V8). It was fast, but not furious like a V8Z.

Davy

Its a Triumph TR7 possably a TR8? (V8? twin exhaust)

Ah yes, I had not noticed the dual exhausts. The hood is a TR7 hood; I believe the TR8 has an extra 'power bulge.' This may be a V6 swap or something like that. They are cool cars, RWD and everything. If I were to do one, I'd redo the electrics.

Davy

Lunar240z, Your picture brings back old memories. My first new car was a 76 TR-7 with a retractable top just like the one pictured. The top was made of canvas and when you pushed it back it would go into small folds. The wiring system was LUCAS and after a few months of driving it the car went completely dead and it spent two weeks in the shop as they tried to find the problem ( burned out resister coil in the middle of a wiring harness). Still I had great times with it when I lived in the Chicago area.

LARRY