HybridZ

2Fast2Festy Update..

MusPuppis

For anyone that cares, we're back on track now that we have our slightly modded radiator. we found one to fit but we had to have a radiator shop cut the bottom outlet and move it to the side so it didnt hit the turbo, heh. If I had a welder that could handle aluminum I could have done it, but I dont and mores the pity.

Atleast its starting to look like a damn car again, lol. I/C piping is being a pain, very limited space. i think we're gonna grab two 90 degree 2.5in. elbows of like Semi radiator hose or something to make the bends. I hate them being at such an angle but we gotta work with what we got.

Anyway, we're closing in, 2 weeks maybe and we'll be able to drive it. All the brackets and mountes are just tacked together, they arent finish welded, dressed or cleaned up any, so their ugly.

Oh, and theres a clutch and a baby.. yeah.

RadandICIn.jpg

TightFit.jpg

BabyandACT4Puck.jpg

Where do you find the time to work on the car having an infant? You must have a very understanding wife...

But then again I've got 8 month old TWINS and 0 spare time.

Wife "you better NOT turn that damn compressor on while the boys are sleeping!"

HAHAHA i chuckled at the thread title. i can't WAIT to see the numbers this thing puts up. i hate it for the people you race...."man a festiva just blew my doors off"

i imagine your car will be the product of many people crying themselves to sleep in a fetal position

in their closet

HAHAHA i chuckled at the thread title. i can't WAIT to see the numbers this thing puts up. i hate it for the people you race...."man a festiva just blew my doors off"

i imagine your car will be the product of many people crying themselves to sleep in a fetal position

in their closet

you reminded me of a lt1 camero with all the bolt ons and who knows what else.....We were on the freeway and he got our attention, I think it was the 5'' tach and the door pillar on the turbo festiva.Well the guy lined up to the side and punch it and let off,I was a passenger on my festiva so I told the driver to do it, He down shifted to 3rd and let the guy go @ it first just to catch him and go past him easy.The camero driver could not believe it so he went 4 more times with worse results.

We let him go out of the freeway and exited on the next exit, I don't know how but he caught us on the first red light and said pull over.I popped the hood and he said, I got smoked by a 4 banger?

Then he said if we go from second i will take you.....

Are you guys going to the (snicker) upgrade (snicker) to the ford aspire brakes?

I have always liked how the current festiva brakes work in mine so I dont feel the need to swap the aspire brakes.I do have it in my mind though so who knows, I need to finish the Z first.

Mextiva is the Festy to beat, we hope to be close to his times when its done (once we get the DP that is) and we're thinking some nitrous down the road.. Go go gadget low 12's =]

Oh, small update, started to plumb it all. radiator has to be further modified before we can finish the passenger side =/

Oh, the infant isnt mine, heh, nor is the car actually, belongs to my roommate. He and I are building it, since I dont have kids, and hate them with a passion, I can put time in he cant afford to, so progress gets done regardless.

PassICPlumbingFront.jpg

PassICPlumbingBack.jpg

FestyFrontHoodOn.jpg

Its gonna be a blast, thats for sure. Traction is going to kill us initially. We're upgrading to the Capri rims (14x5.5 i think) which will help, but their kinda heavy, so we'll see how it pans out. As soon as all the kinks are worked out and we bless the thing and call it "done" from a mechanical standpoint we're gonna get some light rims and actual drag slicks. I'm thinking on street tires we'll be lucky to put down a low 13. Again though, all my time estimates are based around the car when it has the DP we're buying, which it wont have initially, we expect by the end of this month, but the funds arent there right now.

All in all though, we are really close to having this thing ready to start. Plumb the passenger side I/C piping, plumb the coolant system, put the fuel filter in, hook the wiring up, install axles, mount the AFM and button all the mounts and such up and we can turn the key.

I made an adapter last night so the AFM will accept a cone filter, I had to use 2.5in piping, where 3in would have been preferable (the 2.5 blocks off a little of the AFM's inlet) but the way its made there isnt room for a 3in. Atleast not for a 3in. with any hope of a seal around the AFM inlet, but if this design proves too restrictive, I'll figure something out. Now we just need to buy the air filter.. hehe.