HybridZ

240z L28 Exhaust Time

LLave

I want to get new pipe from the manifold back. What size should I get? In the past I have experienced power loss from going too large without the motor to fill it out. What do you guys run?

Also what type of muffler do you like? (Sound clips would be awesome)

I want something decently loud but not too loud. I was thinking about a 50 series flowmaster or maybe a spintech.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

i was watching some show on speed...and the guy said that the exhaust on his bike grew in diameter as it went from the headers to the muffler because it "produced more power"

is this true?

dont mean to thread jack. but. plenty of exhaust guys will read this thread and I don't want to clutter up the forums with another thread for my question. so answer ^^^his question first then mine . :]

I have had several complements on my exhaust for some reason. I have some mystery header with very different length tubes (up to 8 inches difference!!!) a straight tube running back to a cheapo turbo muffler. That is what came on the car so I don't know where the header came from. I think the header is what makes mine sound like it does. Here are some videos.

(nice exhaust sound video)

( a 4 minute long video including driving sections)

082511.jpg

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

in this one you can really hear it. click on the above picture.

all that on a mostly stock L26...I don't know why it even makes that much power so high in the power band. It just keeps going on upto 6500. It probably has a slight regrind on the cam but I am not sure. I just hate those valvetrain noises...lol