HybridZ

How about this turbo for 302-240Z?

Z24O

icon1.gifWill this turbo do what I want?

hi guys

looking for opinions as to the suitability of this turbo for my 302 240Z.....

forged 8.5:1 pistons,eagle rods,edelbrock performer heads,roller cam/rockers,have performer intake with injectors as well as tuneable engine management system but am contemplating going staight propane instead(have twin GRA gas carbies and twin B2 converters)

really want to minimize lag and keep boost threshold low(revs) so wonder if the turbine A/R is too large(1.11),was considering using half the tangential inlet(ie 1.11 divided by 2) and running a 50mm external wastegate through a muffler to atmosphere(hoping to keep back pressure/heat down in the valve/heads)would love to be able to switch the wastegated gas thru the second half of the tangential housing at higher revs like a variable turbine....anyone have any thoughts on this??

compressor is supposed to be good for 55lbs/min or roughly 550hp which is about all i'd want to put a 302 block thru

feel free to give your opinion and experience

oh and forgot to mention i plan running an auto and 2800rpm stall converter

GT3782

.58A/R TS04 compressor cover with 4" inlet

59mm inducer

82mm Major

1.11A/R T4 turbine housing

66.5mm exducer

72.5mm Major

Full floating oil cooled CHRA

3" V-band outlet

thanks guys

paul

western australia

1041_thumb.attach

1043_thumb.attach

1044_thumb.attach

Guest Cronic

Please bare with me as I'm not well versed on larger displacment motors...

From what I understand the webbing of the standard 302 is not very strong, and they give up, IE your block breaks, around 450whp. Unless you have the Cobra block, which holds up much better.

This turbo may be a little small for your engine as well. It will definately do what you want, depending on how much RPM you plan on throwing through this turbine. I would imagine it would net you 500whp by 6000rpm with ease.

Why not get a turbo that you don't need to block have the turbine inlet? Size and required airflow really depends on how much boost you are going to run. A gt3782 doesn't use a TSO4 housing. Stick with the GT series map. I would run a GT4088. The turbine wheel is better suuited to your flow requirements. You can get smaller housing from Precision Turbo for the GT40's, .68 and .81. It would spool pretty good with a .68 on a 302. You would be better off on a Mustang board though. Look at peoples dynos with various turbos to see were they come on at.

Hey that was mine. lol

On a 302, it's not a big turbo considering the compressor is little bit smaller than 60-1. The turbine side can be alittle smaller but but i would stick with T4 turbine housing. T3 would be too small. The problem is, its got a turbine wheel that's not a stage V nor P trim. Some crazy ten blade GT wheel. The compressor housing is TS04 not T04S, it was the proto type for the T04S housing.

I say T67 with GTQ(???) is a might nice wheels on a 5.0.

Many people don't give the 5.0 block much credit. I've worked on the cobra motors and consider myself a fairly knowledgable ford guy, and to my knowledge the cobra shares the same block as the other 87-93 cars. The cobra DID have differnet heads, cam, intake (upper AND lower), and exhast manifold.

Now, if you go and try to get over 400hp on the stock heads the block won't like you very much. If you don't let the motor breath and force induction it it's gonna blow up.

So, keep that engine breathing, stay out of detonation, get a GOOD tune, keep the RPM under control, and it'll be a happy motor.

And if somehow the block DOES go south, then you just upgrade to a 351w :D