HybridZ

Mini Z Toy For Dash Etc

Corzette

:hail:

You are the man!

OK I have #34' date=' 54, 39 and the 2000 GT. I gave the Skyline (#12) to boost punk so I could use another. You can always include another s30!!!

Need some front monies? Give me the amount and it shall be done.

Thanks again!![/quote']

Terry!

Your just like Santa Clause!!

Making us kids happy the world over!!!

Seriously....Thanks.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys heres the deal.....

FLAMES187 - Got all of your stuff. PM me for total and give me your address. PayPal is Herbalife63@hotmail.com

280ZONE - Got all of your stuff. PM me for total and give me your address. PayPal is Herbalife63@hotmail.com

JBK - Got all of your stuff. PM me for total and give me your address. PayPal is Herbalife63@hotmail.com (Plastic model was last in store S30)

280ZFORCE - Got all of your stuff. PM me for total and give me your address. PayPal is Herbalife63@hotmail.com

TWOEIGHTNINE - no procurement per your request.

240ZR - Got all of your stuff except S30 (I ordered 5 more of these coming next weekend). PM me for total and give me your address. PayPal is Herbalife63@hotmail.com

SUMO - They have the GX31 for 15,000 yen and the GX01 was outof stock but probably can order. Same price I think (can get it cheaper on EBay I think)

WANGAN LIGHTERS - Dont think its happening. Cant find anywhere. I did EMail the Japanese Zippo site and asked if they can make. These are not cheap!!! See here: http://www.manrila.com/

Terry

Here is some info on the history and increasing value of Japanese Choros!.

Choro-Q (チョロQ ) is a series of Japanese 3-4cm long pullback toy cars first made by Takara in 1978, and known in the US as Penny Racers. All Choro Q feature real rubber tires (usually with fatter ones on the rear) and the characteristic coil-spring pullback motor. Also, each Choro Q is a "cute" squeezed design caricature of the actual vehicle it represents. What is also distinct about the cars is the slot at the rear, where a small coin can be inserted for the wheelie effect. Remote Controlled (IR) models, called "Digi Q" have also been produced by Takara.

The toy line is highly popular and has became collectable, even outside Japan, due to its low price and its merchandising line which includes JGTC and various licensed car editions and has also spawned a series of videogames bearing the same name. The toy line has also lent its moulding to the Transformers line of toys.

In addition to "Penny Racers," Choro Q pullback cars were also marketed under the Tonka branding in the late 1980s as "Tonka Turbo Tricksters." "Penny Racers" in the US are still marketed by Funrise, but are less popular for collectors compared with their true-to-life counterparts marketed elsewhere, and versus the ones formerly sold by Tonka. "Penny Racers" tend to be garishly colored and given silly names, ignoring the actual names of the makes and models, and marketed for US children, whereas the Choro Q in the far East are made to a much higher quality standard and many are specifically designed for the adult collector, with high detail and/or tiny, incredibly detailed racing graphics and occassionally other realistic gimicks such as fold-out headlights.

Originally produced in Japan, the manufacture subsequently has occurred variously in Taiwan, Macau and China. The models represent various makes and models of all kinds of actual cars, trucks, trains, and even planes and military and construction vehicles. There are even versions representing just about every bus and train line in Japan. Choro Q are also produced in limited special runs for promotional purposes. Models are licensed and produced for automotive manufacturers and dealers, or as tchotchkes for marketing of other products and services. They even released a Major League Baseball line.

The first Choro Q cars were more geared toward children, with primary colors and low detail. They have grown more sophisticated over time and now are for the most part cast in a uniform clear, colored or smoked resin plastic which is then painted, thus leaving the windshields and headlights, etc. transparent for added realism.

Unusual Choro-Q which have the wheels and pull-back motor but are not modelled after vehicles are also common, often sold as special collectibles. This includes Choro-Q in the shape of common regional symbols such as carved wood bears of Hokkaido and popular symbols from other regions such monkeys, salmon eggs, sea urchin, etc. sold only in certain regions and marketed at local domestic tourists.

The Choro-Q brand has been extended, often with a small name change which is a pun on the original name, to cover other small toys or novelties, both with and without the wheels and motor, including

Choco-Q: Chocolate egg with a small capsule toy inside

Puka-Q: Bath salts compressed into an egg shape, which, when dissolved in the bath, reveals a small toy inside

Choro-Ju: ("Ju" means monster in Japanese)Small monster toys which moved with a friction motor and had other gimicks such as sparks shooting from the mouth.

Choro-Chu ("Chu" means insect in Japanese) Realistic plastic and rubber figures of various beetles, with wheels and a pull-back motor for movement.

Digi-Q: Electronic remote control versions of Choro-Q cars which used infrared technology instead of radio control. These products were developed in conjunction with Konami.

Jumbo Choro-Q: This is a large-scale version of the small toys but approximately 30cm in length. They have the same pull-back motor gimick and the hood also opened to reveal a storage space for standard sized Choro-Q toys.

CQ Motors: The most ambitious brand extension of all, this wholly owned subsidiary of Takara, founded in 2002, manufactured and sold actual single-passenger, electric automobiles modelled after the toy cars. The cars are street-legal (though not permitted on highways), require a standard driver's license for operation and have a top speed of about 50km/hr and a range of about 80km on a single charge. Several models were sold, priced in the 1-1.5 million yen range. Although sales have been discontinued, as many as 500 were sold in all. In a country known for the prowess of its automobile industry it is remarkeable that at one point, Takara, a toy company, had the highest share of electric cars on the road in Japan.

Here is the official site: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/

And this is very interesting: http://web-japan.org/trends01/article/020905bus_r.html

Terry

TWOEIGHTNINE - no procurement per your request.

WANGAN LIGHTERS - Dont think its happening. Cant find anywhere. I did EMail the Japanese Zippo site and asked if they can make. These are not cheap!!! See here: http://www.manrila.com/

Terry

Darn......:( No more Choros? Bummer....

I'll see if I can drum up the site that I found the original Wangan lighters.

Thanks for your time Terry.

Darn......:( No more Choros? Bummer....

I'll see if I can drum up the site that I found the original Wangan lighters.

Thanks for your time Terry.

TWOEIGHTNINE you did say to hold off on more choros right? Or did I confuse you with someone else? Im still here and can go back out if you tell me how many to get.

TErry

Guest 280ZForce
TWOEIGHTNINE you did say to hold off on more choros right? Or did I confuse you with someone else? Im still here and can go back out if you tell me how many to get.

TErry

pm sent on more choro q

:hail:

You are the man!

Glad you got your HybridZ wear!

The locals will be jealous.

Only have a few of the shirts left. Most likely going to keep the rest.

Im finishing a new "Z" shirt however.

It features a computer generated front shot of an S30 with a big ol "Z" behind it!

I frimly believe that folks will like em.

Maybe you can test drive one for me. Would be my pleasure.

OK I have #34' date=' 54, 39 and the 2000 GT. I gave the Skyline (#12) to boost punk so I could use another. You can always include another s30!!![/b']

Need some front monies? Give me the amount and it shall be done.

Thanks again!!

Damn the bad luck!

Last I remember you just needed to know what not to pick up so I posted the above to let you know what ones that I have.

I would like to have as much of the set as possible! i dont want you to busting your ass however.

Next time you get a chance, give me a hollar. No prob.

Thanks again!

Damn the bad luck!

Last I remember you just needed to know what not to pick up so I posted the above to let you know what ones that I have.

I would like to have as much of the set as possible! i dont want you to busting your ass however.

Next time you get a chance' date=' give me a hollar. No prob.

Thanks again![/quote']

Roger, just tell me how many to get next Saturday and Ill get them. Ill have another S30 too. I have an extra Skyline I think already. Is 10 too many? Go thru the list above and tell me what numbers you want.

Terry

Roger that, well it was my fault. The new s30s will be in next Saturday, so I will just pick you up some more then and ship next Monday! They have an Acura NSX that looks really mean, will def get one of those for ya. My son is drawing a transformer of my black car and will post soon. Im trying to get him to color it via photoshop. He does great work with that. I have a page on my site below of some tings he did when he was 12. He is 18 now and man can he draw.....coming soon TransZette!!!!

Terry

Mr. Corzette' date=' I sent pm with address. If you didn't get it, I will be happy to send it again. Thanks again for your time.

Jason[/quote']

JBK, here is a shot of the model I got ya. Notice it says NISSAN and not DATSUN but is a 1970. This is priceless as it is very original....

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL83/533777/12527459/184292209.jpg

Terry

Pull back Salmon eggs you say...wonder what the full size electric version of THAT one looked like...

VZ my son is drawing and coloring a transformer icon of my car for me. Here are the rough drawings. He is coloring via photoshop and man does it look awesome. Ill post once he is done... check this...

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL83/533777/1579512/184291627.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL83/533777/1579512/184291624.jpg

He said he wouldnt mind doing others cars for small fee. Got him thinking about money again......anyways what do ya think?

Terry

Terry.

You are an awesome american!

Your son is very talented. Does he do any graphics work for hire?

Or is he just a hobbyist?

I looked at your album. Hadn't taken the time untill now. That black Corzette is one bad son of a beeeach! All nice rides.

Thanks for all.

Thanks bro. Well he is much better now and I will try to get some of his work online. Well he mentioned doing some stuff for a fee. He will go into the MArine Corps soon as well. What do you have in mind. He is unbelievable with Photoshop coloring after he imports his drawings. Just nuts....

Terry