HybridZ

ONE last time WHeel Confirmation

i wanted a +40 offset wheel too and after to to a fellow co-worker whose like 45 years old and grew up around cars he told me that spacing wheels can be dangerous, when going around turns theres a chance that it could break or the whole setup could fall off. is this true? or is he just speaking from prior knowledge from his olden days?

The old school spacers were usually cast material and were inferior. They had a tendency to fail under hard use or even bumping a curb. The billet spacers/adapters today are safe to use under most conditions. Once installed you'll need to retorque the spacer lug nuts after about 25-50 miles to ensure they are tightly secured. Get a full size tire from a honda as a spare. If you get a flat it will go right on without the need of pulling the spacer. I run 4x114.3 +28mm (approx) from Ross at MM. The wheels are 17x7 +40mm Racinghart C2's I pulled off my '94 Accord to put on my '71 240Z. The fit is excellent and I have had no problems at all. If I were buying a set of wheels form the outset then I'd get the proper 0 offset wheels for the Z.

Once installed you'll need to retorque the spacer lug nuts after about 25-50 miles to ensure they are tightly secured. Get a full size tire from a honda as a spare. If you get a flat it will go right on without the need of pulling the spacer.

I was just thinking about both these things. What is the torque for the adapters? Good idea on the Honda spare tire too. It would be a PITA to have to pull the adapter too. I just ordered 1 1/2" adapters from MM, hope to get delevery soon.

• 3 years later...
The billet spacers/adapters today are safe to use under most conditions. Once installed you'll need to retorque the spacer lug nuts after about 25-50 miles to ensure they are tightly secured.

Is this true? Do you folks running spacers actually do this? Would loctite help with this? Seems excessive to have to re-torque that often.