HybridZ

Going G35 shopping this weekend!!!

big-phil

2 door all the way. She says she is getting what she wants this time. (she makes all the money by the way) she wants black, 2 door, sunroof, leather, spoiler/aro package, um? ? ? she says she want to drive the auto, and the 6 speed to see what she likes. I told her to go with the 6 speed!

I just want to drive the damn thing to one of our Z club meetings

Dont know if they're on lots yet, but the 2007 G35 sedan is out. That means the coupe will be getting a facelift soon as well. Personally, I'd wait til the coupe gets an update - or end up kicking yourself when she likes the new design better.

The G35 is basically a 350Z with a backseat, so the performance numbers are the same. If you ask me the 350Z/G35 is slow in stock form but extremley fun to drive. Both hold the road like you wouldnt believe! The interior on the G35 is very nice, all sorts of gadges and gauges to monitor everything. If you go with a sedan you can get it in AWD though!

They really need to offer a turbo option for the 350Z/G35 though! We just turbo charged my service writers 350Z, man his car is a blast to drive now! Should have came this way from the factory. His motor is built up now though, hes running 8.8:1 forged pistons and forged H-beam rods. He actually just got it dyno'd tonight and its putting 383HP/380TQ @ 8psi. Now he just needs to get an EMS and get rid of the MAF sensor so that he can turn up the boost!

Guy

Yea I LOVE the look of the G35 Coupe. MUCH better design than the Z33 in my opinion. I know the differences are only skin deep, so I would go for the G35 in a heartbeat if I had 30-40k laying around. A friend of mine has a blue '05 and tossed me the keys right before a show a few weeks ago - I was like "swwwwweeeeeeeeeettttt" before I woke up and realized I wouldn't want to mess up his car, and handed the keys back. He's 6' tall and just coudln't fit in the Z33, so he tried the G35 and it fit him perfect. Even at 6'3" I can fit in it without feeling sqaushed - no more than an S30!

So stop my blathering...

Do I wish I owned a G35 coupe? YES.

Will I ever own one? Probably not.

I'm still making payments on my $30k truck......:wink:

I drove the 6 speed today. 298 hp, G35. My car would leave that thing so bad:burnout: I took it to red line in 1st 2nd and to about 6000 rpm in third (red line seemed to be just before 7k) the dealer was saying "you feel that power?" I just said "ya" It felt almost like my 280z before the turbo hits. But all in all it is a sweet car.