HybridZ

length of MR2 Tokico BZ3099 strut insert?

Does anyone have this measurement handy?

Also, how much of the metal shoulder can be ground off the bottom of the insert?

I have front strut housings that were sectioned for Rabbit inserts, and am trying to figure out if I can wedge the MR2 inserts in there. It seems unlikely, but I want to be sure.

• 3 months later...

The only odd thing about the BZ3099 is that it has a 14mm upper shaft with no D shaped ring. So that means that it won't fit through stock strut tops. You'll have to grind or drill them out. Once that is done the D shape isn't there to hold the strut in place while you tighten the nut on top. So you need an impact gun to tighten (don't overtighten though!)

If you have camber plates you'll need a thinner bushing to go from 5/8" down to 14mm. It's really thin, vs the 5/8 to 12mm, which is basically just like most shank style lug nuts for 12mm x 1.25 studs.

The only odd thing about the BZ3099 is that it has a 14mm upper shaft with no D shaped ring. So that means that it won't fit through stock strut tops. You'll have to grind or drill them out. Once that is done the D shape isn't there to hold the strut in place while you tighten the nut on top. So you need an impact gun to tighten (don't overtighten though!)

If you have camber plates you'll need a thinner bushing to go from 5/8" down to 14mm. It's really thin, vs the 5/8 to 12mm, which is basically just like most shank style lug nuts for 12mm x 1.25 studs.

Hey i looked up that part number you have in your reply and it is listed as a rear strut. Are you guys installing these in the front or rear?

• 2 months later...