HybridZ

Finally put a wideban on my Z.. YIKES!!!!!!!

wigenOut-S30

Well I borrowed a dynojet wideband from a friend of mine. hooked it all up and hooked it into my laptop so I could datalog. Well my idle is spot on.. 14.7-15.0. Cruise was nice.. 14.8. BUT.. I did a WOT in 3rd gear from 3k-6k. heh.. this is scary..... it started out good 11.2-11.7. but then ramped up to 13.0 by 6Krpms.. This is running 11psi of boost falling to 10 by 6Krpms.I have been running it like this for like over a year and ahalf.. It doesnt ping at all "that I can hear".. BUT.. there is a light at the end of this tunnel.. well at least a dim one for right now. I did these base logs to see where I am at before I install new injectors. I have a set of Mrk 3 supra non turbo injectors. they are 311CC;s compared to the stock ZX 260cc's. I am installing them tonight and will use the wideband to tune the AFM. I would like to see where I am at upping the boost to 12-13psi..

Well, I installed my Pallnet Oring fuel rail along with 311CC injectors.. A friend of mine helped me clean up the injection harness. It looks WAY WAY better now.. At idle I am sitting at 13.6 or so.. cruise is about the same 12.9-13.6.. and WOT at 11psi of boost I am at 11.6.. I will go in and adjust the AFM just alittle to lean out the cruise and idle.. I think this was a upgrade well worth it. Now I am ready for when I want to install my 440CC turbo supra injectors and MS.. This will be a nice bump for me just in time for SEZ!!..here are some pics..

Before...

8527motor_pic1_022705.jpg

after everything

DSC000241.JPG

DSC00022.JPG

DSC00028.JPG

Great Job on the rail Pete!!.. Thanks again!!..

well, I turned up the boost tonight. starts at 14psi and falls off to 12.. With that I am running 11.8 for most of the way up and then right before 6K I am hitting 12.5.. I may run just alittle more fuel.. It sure feels like it picked up power a bit.. we shall see at SEZ.. I think the stock turbo's wastgate hates me.. lol.. dont like the falling off boost ..

What fuel pump and intercooler are you running? If you a fuel pump that can support it and a half-way decent intercooler (starion, npr, and maybe even a supra) you could turn it up to 16 dropping to 14psi. That would be about 240-250hp what is 85% duty cycle for those injectors. Remember at 14psi of boost you are running 51psi of fuel pressure and most injectors are rated at 43 psi. Good luck on hitting 12's.

What fuel pump and intercooler are you running? If you a fuel pump that can support it and a half-way decent intercooler (starion, npr, and maybe even a supra) you could turn it up to 16 dropping to 14psi. That would be about 240-250hp what is 85% duty cycle for those injectors. Remember at 14psi of boost you are running 51psi of fuel pressure and most injectors are rated at 43 psi. Good luck on hitting 12's.

about to install my Walbro 255.. right now I have a stock ZXT pump. The NPR IC I have is 28x9x2.5

about to install my Walbro 255.. right now I have a stock ZXT pump. The NPR IC I have is 28x9x2.5

Then thats probably why your a/f ratios are dropping at higher rpms. Your fuel pump might not be able handle it. On my ghetto beast with 370cc injectors and a starion intercooler I was maxed out at 13psi before detonation. I then put on a walbro and I upped it to 19psi with no detonation.