HybridZ

Lust after Louvers

240ZR

:icon6: Do you have the louver set that sits in the window frame or the set that fits over the whole window? There was two different kinds made. The set that sits in the window frame has mounting hardware that is held in by the rubber seal around the window. You had to push it in from the glass side, top and bottom to mount it in. The second set has the mounting brackets on top. All you have to do is drill the holes and mount it with stainless steel srews. On the bottom it has a sliding bolt system, like a gate securing bolt, only smaller. You can get them from most hardware stores if needed. After mounting the top screws, just line up the bottom holes and drill them. Again use stainless screws to secure them. Add some rubberized gasket material (form a gasket) to the screws to keep them water tight. Good Luck, Rich.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 240ZPompanoFlorida

There is a set of Jim Cook racing side window louvers on ebay

DATSUN 240 240Z 260 280 Z 280Z NEW REAR WINDOW LOUVERS

Item number: 220025098454

at $40 + 8 shipping with 2 days left.

I have a orig. 72 240 Z with the orig. alum. rear louvers that have the dead bolt springed latch bottom and screws into top metal on hatch above window glass.

Can take pictures of the mounts if you like, pm me your email .

Does anyone know how to restore the rubber that is around the louver, mine is intack but hard and has many very small cracks in it. Is there something I can treat the rubber with to help it last. It is the orig. louvers from factory or dealer unsure which. thank you