HybridZ

Drag Radials For A 16 X 7 Wheel?

Hi,

I have been searching online for a Drag Radial that fits a 16 X 7 Wheel and have no luck, Do any of you guys know if they make one?

I was looking for a 235 but I dont think they make one, They do have the 245 but I dont know if I would be safe running it on a 7'' wheel.

The center of the wheel has been pushed in like an inch so this makes it worst ( they are now negative offset).If I was able to run the 245 I dont know if itll clear the fender.

The wheels are not mine, A friend is selling them and I really like them.Any input will be apriciated, Thanks!

ls2z001-1.jpg

I feel your pain. I went through that same search about 2 years ago and came up dry. Anything that fit a 16" wheel wouldn't fit inside my fenders and anything that would fit inside my fenders was either a 14" or 15" wheel. With coil overs and a little lip flaring you could get either a 245 or 255 under there but that is a lot of expense - especially if you have already repainted the car like I had.

Thanks guys,

I will do coilovers in a near future and I will get some 17'' with the 245/45/17 drag radial.

I just had the guy offer this to me and I said why not run them for now.

Well Looks like im not keeping them, Too bad they are really nice!

No curb rash @ all and the tires are almost new.I was going to use two tires for the front and save the other two.

I have the 225 on my 17's so there is no reason for me to get this.

If anyone is interested Let me know.The price is $650 wheels and tires.

You are pretty much limited the Nitto 555R 245/50-16. There is a rule of thumb that says the wheel width should not be less than 70% of the tire's section width. That means the absolute minimum wheel width would have to be 6.75" making your 7" wheel just barely above the minimum. I use the same tires as my rear street tires and have them mounted on Z32 NA 7.5" wheels and do not even worry about them. So, if that is the wheel you are stuck with then be aware that you might have premature wear in the center of the tire if this is a daily driver. If these are track only with occassional street then I say use them as that is better than even a 295 street tire.

17" drag radials? Been there, done that and a waste of money IMO.

AFAIK, if you're interested in running drag radials, then you have no business running anything over 15" - and I think 14" is better.

Face it - you're losing handling capability when you choose DR's, and I'm a no compromise kind of guywhen it comes to performance (too competitive for my own good - haha).

I have an extra set of rims that I'll use for drag racing and have my street rims with good tires for handling.

Now my daily driver ZXT WILL have compromises - both ride/handling and performance/emissions wise. I'm 52 and don't want to get pounded daily, and I'm willing to sacrifice a bit for the environment - but not much - I'll leave the cat on (it's already 3").

ive seen some pretty hairy cars hook on Mickey Thompsons 275 17 drag radial

as for the 16s, MT and BFGoodrich make a 255 R16 with pleanty of sidewall for flex. id agree that 15 inch is about the perfect size for a drag radial, TONS of sizes for that diameter

I know they have drag radials for a 16'' from 245 and up sizes, The problem is that the wheel has been modified from the center section so I dont think it will clear the fenders.I will use some 15 x 8 wheels when going to the track, I just wanted this to be my provisional street wheels.

I'm just going to pass on this deal.

depends on how bad you want the wheels and how good of a deal they are, for under a $100 a wheel (i think) you can have them widened. have them widened an inch and you will have 16x8 wheels (LT1 and LS1 camaro sized wheels) and will have literaly thousands of tire choices