HybridZ

Raising Springs

Chevy Chevette front springs from the Diesel model. Also, you could swap in upper strut mounts from a 280z, that would get you about a 1 inch difference in ride height by itself.

You will be at the scary end of the camber curve by jacking it up that far. I can't remember how much the factory raised it for rally, seem to remember 3 inches. They used different strut housings also, not sure if they corrected the camber for that ride height or not. Never seen a Z on the rally suspension.

I ran (cut) chevette springs all around with 185/75/14 snow tires for a couple winters on a 280Z and it was a great winter car with the EFI.

Have fun

Doug

Ok, hopped onto ebay, and found these, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Front-OEM-Coil-Springs-76-87-Chevette-81-87-T1000-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33582QQihZ017QQitemZ270017372342QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

they say that they are for the front, OEM, springs but I was wondering if they would work for the rear, I onlly want to lift the rear up. And would yall mind elaborating on the dangers of a 2-4 inch lift and how much these chevette springs would lift the rear, and how high is to high. And does it matter what year chevette they come out of? Not sure if 81-87 was t he only year they made them or not.... And isnt it dangerous to cut springs? I have never done it so I have no idea just sounds a bit shady :/ but if it not thats cool and just curious as to how much you cut them and how high it sat with you in the car if you can recall.

Thanks a bunch for the info

(P.S. Im assuming the chevette springs fit right in place of the old ones and no mod. is necessary?)

hmm that sounds like a pretty good suggestion clifton, would someone mind explaining to me though, the concept behind coilover springs and how they are adjustable (rate and height wise). And do i still get those options with these springs? http://www.cosmoracing.com/productinfo.asp?cid=259&pid=1556

Im assuming these just replace the old springs and no modification is necessary? Or extra parts to buy?

Just kind of wondering more of how much I can raise them from stock height once applied & if these springs will allow it to actually get higher, or only lower my Z

Thanks for the info

hmm that sounds like a pretty good suggestion clifton' date=' would someone mind explaining to me though, the concept behind coilover springs and how they are adjustable (rate and height wise). And do i still get those options with this springs? http://www.cosmoracing.com/productinfo.asp?cid=259&pid=1556

Just kind of wondering more of how much I can raise them from stock height once applied & if these springs will allow it to actually get higher, or only lower my Z

Thanks for the info

With there kit you probably don't have a rate option and the rate they list is pretty stiff for the street, I wouldn't run it but it's cheap. You can run any 2.5 id spring with the MM or AZC kits, don't know about this brand. You would probably want atleast a 10" long spring. You can find Hypercoils, QA1, Eibach, ect used on Ebay pretty cheap sometimes.

But if i get coilovers to lift the car, will I have to replace the perches? and if so what do i have to do? I dont do any welding or anything like that but if its bolt on bolt off stuff i can manage :D

P.S. I just have basic (monroe) struts in my car, so im not sure if its possible to adjust the height of the car with those cosmo racing springs with my regular struts?

(Simply put, I want to raise the ride height of my car ~2 Inches without any permanent changes)

http://www.cosmoracing.com/productin...d=259&pid=1556