HybridZ

Other project update # 2 KA-T spitfire

rustrocket

I found some free time to get my engine in there tonight. Please excuse the paper towels.

It looks like i'm going to need a custom turbo manifold, (still looking for somebody to make me one).

I'm pretty happy with how much of the engine sits behind the front axle.

Still waiting to pay for my daily driver repair before i have more money for this project, but i'm doing all the little stuff in the meantime.

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

Nice work... What size turbo is that.. looks huge in there!!

...I am considering a KA swap into my 510 wagon project....

As bad as I want a V6 or V8 in there... It will probably become a daily driver and I want to get a little economy out of it.....

Hey !!!... at least I gave up the SD diesel idea for it ... :D

The engine is a twin cam ka from an s13. It has a completely stock head with just a valve job and minor porting. It sits on an entirely forged bottom end, including 8.8:1 turbo pistons. IT also has a cometic head gasket. Fuel management consists of a z32 MAF, 650CC injectors, and a RS Enthalpy tune. I expect this motor to make no less than 350rwhp in street trim.

The turbo is a Holset HX35 from a '99 dodge 2500. I have a smaller turbine housing that'll allow me faster spool up time and the use of an external wastegate.

Cruez- There's so much support for the KA into 510's, it's amazing. I can even get you the crossmember relatively cheap if you're interested.

The engine is a twin cam ka from an s13. It has a completely stock head with just a valve job and minor porting. It sits on an entirely forged bottom end' date=' including 8.8:1 turbo pistons. IT also has a cometic head gasket. Fuel management consists of a z32 MAF, 650CC injectors, and a RS Enthalpy tune. I expect this motor to make no less than 350rwhp in street trim.

The turbo is a Holset HX35 from a '99 dodge 2500. I have a smaller turbine housing that'll allow me faster spool up time and the use of an external wastegate.

Cruez- There's so much support for the KA into 510's, it's amazing. I can even get you the crossmember relatively cheap if you're interested.[/quote']

are you sure you need a custom manifold, if i remember correctly the JGS manifold is fairly small and i know my groundzeromotorsports manifold doesnt stick out all that far from the engine.

i would recomend you look here if you havent for a manifold http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/index2.html

if you want though you dont really need it, groundzero has an intake manifold available and ams (turbo240.com) should have their velocity stack intake manifold available soon.