HybridZ

Nor Cal Car Transport

Gollum

Hey everyone, first off I wanna say uhaul and hertz suck... Now onto buisness.

Apparently an explorer can't tow a vehicle dolly becuase it's "not heavy enough" though it fits the towing criteria (05' model with the optional tow package with a class 3 hitch). Whatever. So I brought a F150 down, they won't take that either because "it's a bumper not a frame attached hitch" even though the bumper tow rating meets the requirements. I was talking to a manager so I just left, then hertz told me the same thing, but with more polite wording and more understanding about how upset I was.

I think they're just trying to get people to rent trucks from them.

So why was I needing to rent a vehicle dolly? Becuase I'm buying a 280ZXT from a member on hybrid Z down in the gilroy area.

So I come here to plead to hybrid Z members. I'm a stand up guy. I'll pay ya for gas, I'll even guy ya a meal. Can anyone here in the bay area help me out? The car is currently non-op and is having some injector/fi issues. For the price of renting a truck & dolly I could drive down there, fix the problem, AND register it for less money. Plus gas would be cheeper since I wouldn't be in a truck.

Again, if anyone can help out it any way I'd greatly apreciate it.

Gollum,

What you need is to get on the phone and call a number of rental places (like Centerville Rents in Fremont) and ASK them if they'll rent you a towing dolly for a SMALL car. It is totally worth your time to do this and you'll be using your own truck. Many rental place are pretty cool, but you have to know how to ask them to get the answer you want. Just tel them you are checking prices and when you hear one you like, get into the other information immediately and ask, "Will that be a problem?" There are dozens of rental companies in the Bay Area. Do not bother with Hertz or Uhaul. I NEVER do.

Best wishes,

Davy

Gollum:

That is exactly what they are trying to do. Discourage you from using your own vehicle and renting one from them. They are famous for their "bait and swithch" policies. Unless your in a position to buy a trailer, try and barrow one. But stay away from uhaul. Or, if you need towing, AAA for 100 miles if your a premium member. I've used them several times and the flatbed sure is nice. Takes all the hastle out of it. Just a thought.

Good luck...VAN

Guest 280ZForce
Or' date=' if you need towing, AAA for 100 miles if your a premium member. I've used them several times and the flatbed sure is nice. Takes all the hastle out of it. Just a thought.

Good luck...VAN[/quote']

actually if you are a AAA premier member you get 1 tow up to 200 miles and 3 tows up to 100 miles!

man i love that...plus all kinds of other benefits.

Well I don't have AAA, my mom used to but i'm not sure about it anymore. I'll check and if so I guess we chould just say it's her car or something. I dunno.

I'm seriously thinking about driving down there and getting it to a drivable condition and driving it back.

Well I found a place in fremont willing to rent to me by the name of cresco. Not a bad price either $42

I'll be heading down tomarrow morning. Thanks everyone for the help. Hopefully pics wil follow soon.

Man, I feel stupid---that's the place I was talking about. They are about a mile from my house and changed their name to "Cresco" rents (not to confused with "Crisco" the oily semi-solid fat your mom used to fry chicken in).

They are pretty cool there BTW. Good luck!

Davy