HybridZ

Skyline Engine vs. Supra Engine video

RacerX

Very sharp.

You werent kidding, the Skyline just FLIES up in the revs. Man that sound was somethin else. I want an RB swap in my Z.. *sigh* Of course, I also want an LSx, and a 350, and a 2jz and an l28et.. Someday I'll stop riding the fence and commit one way or the other. lol.

Great vid.

This video is pretty old i have seen it before. The Power Amuse Skyline is around 600-700 hp and the supra is only about in its 500 hp. I have seen the Skyline in one of the magazines thats how i know. And the video is awesome with the english subtitles.

Power Amuse Skyline? I'm trying not to be too hard on you but you obviously have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to that skyline. It is THE Mines Demo car. It is based off of a N1 spec R34. It uses twin hks gt2530s and is stated to produce 600 Bhp (flywheel), but that is high considering it only has 600cc injectors. Of Course the engine is fully rebuilt with lightweight and response in mind, but another thing that gives it the fast revving while in gear is the fact that it is running like a 4.30ish rear end.

EDIT: Just officially ended my lurking, i visit the forums daily and i can't believe this is my first post lol.

Good ol' BMI. Yea it's an older vid of thiers but it's still fun to watch.

I think amuse does a much better job with ther S2000 cars than thier supra cars.

And look at the rpm drop between the two cars. Either the skyline has a much higher gear ratio or it's got some ultra close ratio gears (wich is less likely).

The most amazing thing about the skyline is it's responce on and off throttle and during shifts. It's absolutely lightning quick and doesn't lag at all. With the gearing the way it is it doesn't hesitate at all. I'm sure this is a combined effect of all the things done to the car, not just the gearing, or just the engine mods, ect. The supra definately has power but it just doesn't seem to come on the same way, although the supra has a lower RPM band it would be interesting to see the two car's hp curves side by side. It seemed as though after shifts the supra was farther out of it's peak power than the skyline.

Although this might all be very obvious, i'm just stating it all for the sake of redundancy.

Both cars a bit extreme and I'd love to have either of them. Would I buy one? Probly not, but that doesn't mean they're not cool :D