HybridZ

N42 F54 Questions

Wstepler

Before I get flamed I did a search and couldn't seem to find an answer for what I was looking for.

I just did my N42/F54 swap and was wondering what plugs work best with this setup. I currently have NGK ZFR6F-11. Is there a better one to run? Also I have some money (approx. $600) left over from my swap that is burning a hole in my pocket. Is there anything I missed that may help get the most power out of this motor.

Here is my engine setup:

Block:

Stock F54 with High pressure/volume oil pump

1mm HKS Headgasket

Cooling:

4 Row Radiator

76.5 Thermo (the 82 was to hot for Texas)

Intake:

CAI

Port-matched & Polished Intake Manifold

New AFM

Headwork:

Polished & swirled valves (not sure if it helped but hey they were the same price as the stock)

5 angle valve job

Comp Valve Springs

Schneider Cam .480 lift 274 dur

Drivetrain:

Lightweight flywheel

Centerforce II clutch

Aluminium Driveshaft

5spd(FS5C71B) other option is F4W71B

3.7 R200 rearend (NOS BABY :D)

Ignition & Electrical:

Stock 76 Dizzy <--- will upgrading this really help?

Pertronix flamethrower 2 coil

NGK 7mm wires

60amp Alternator

Exhaust:

Nissan Motorsports Header

2.5" Exhaust with a Borla Muffler

I agree with johnc and navithan, you should be able to do both with 600. If you want to go really far, try a new fuel management controller such as megasquirt. You can eliminate the afm and seriously free up your intake, as well as tune your A/F ratios perfectly for better power. The complete setup should be around 500 with megasquirt, TPS, and wide-band O2.

To add to naviathan's suggestion 99% of the time if you get a ZX dizzy it's going to be in need of a rebuild. It's pretty easy to do, but the vacuum advance in those things breaks and can lead to all kinds of other issues, like spinning parts hitting stationary parts inside the distributor.

If you were going with ms, I'd just go with a crankfire setup and remove the distributor completely. That's really the best upgrade to a distributor issue.

Expensive though. I have a coil pack setup for my project Z and the added crank trigger and coil packs were quite a bit of extra money. It is better though, especially with aftermarket engine management. I'm going with Electromotive TEC3 though. I'll try MS on my daily driver when I start work on it.