HybridZ

looking for nissan Japan phone number

turbobluestreak

A friend of mine is trying to import a skyline and he said he needs to contact nissan japan for some information. I really don't know anything about the importing of cars. I just figured that someone on the board might know it or know someone that does since this is the best Z site around and me have many users around the world.

tbs

A friend of mine is trying to import a skyline and he said he needs to contact nissan japan for some information. I really don't know anything about the importing of cars. I just figured that someone on the board might know it or know someone that does since this is the best Z site around and me have many users around the world.tbs

Nissan Japan site didnt help much. Here is a site that deals specifically with importing Japanese cars to the states etc. Give them a call or EMail them as they should be able to assist.

http://www.japan-partner.com/

Calling from the states dial 011 then the number below.....

Phone: (81) 52-303-5157 Please, note this is in Japan

Main fax: (81) 52-303-5309

Fax: (81) 52-304-1205

Hope this helps...

Terry

Nissan Japan site didnt help much. Here is a site that deals specifically with importing Japanese cars to the states etc. Give them a call or EMail them as they should be able to assist.

http://www.japan-partner.com/

Calling from the states dial 011 then the number below.....

Phone: (81) 52-303-5157 Please' date=' note this is in Japan

Main fax: (81) 52-303-5309

Fax: (81) 52-304-1205

Hope this helps...

Terry[/quote']

I'm guessing that the prices that they are showing for importing cost only right? I mean having skylines for 1-1.5k can't be legit can it? I read what they do and they didn't explain their costs unless i just missed it somewhere.

Tyson

No those are only the prices to purchase the car. Shipping is another $700 to $1200 depending on container etc. You need an importer conversion shop to pickup the car once it arrives at US port to do the mods etc. You would have to inquire on prices for the type of car with them. I know Skylines are crazy expensive to get street legal and the only shop I know that did them was shut down. Dont know thier status as of now though.

Here is an EMail addy to a conversion shop is Cali that I EMailed today. I am wanting to bring back my Aristo 2JZ Turbo as well.

aad02@sbcglobal.net

The name was Auto Dream Imports or something like that in Costa Mesa?

Terry

Terry, you've got an Aristo? With 2 Jay-z's in it? You are balling out of control. VIP tuning!

haHa , yeah I saw that...too funny! I thought it would be cool to hook this car up over here and bring it back when I come since its paid for and shipping is free for me. Also the stateside models didnt come turbo. I can buy an after market turbo upgrade kit used for $1500 and give me about 400RWHP. That should be plenty for a luxury cruiser at 4000 pounds.......:-P

Then I could always stuff it in the Z once I get tired of the weight.

Terry

Message I just recieved from the se guys in Japan.

Dear Terry,

Thank you for your interest in our company.

If you have never purchased a car from Japan, before you finish with your order we strongly recommend that you check with your local authorities (DOT office, customs office and etc) that you can import and register this car in the USA.

Please note, that most of the high performance cars (including some of the regular cars) do not comply with US DOT standards and it will be difficult to register these cars in USA. We do not recommend you to order the car unless you are sure that you will be able to register this car in USA. Please proceed only if you are sure.

For the customers going after high performance cars or their parts - we offer dismantling service and can dismantle the car to the extend that is acceptable with custom regulations.

We are not responsible for your not being able to import the car once you purchase is from us so please make sure you can import it before placing this order.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

--

Best regards,

Yuji Hatano,

Foreign Trade Department mailto:info@japan-partner.com

Japan Partner Ltd.

phone: (81) 52-303-5157

fax: (81) 52-303-5309

fax: (81) 52-304-1205

I would try looking at skylines down under. There is a US section and there is alot of info about importing. From what I've read you pretty much can't import a j-spec car legally unless it pass dot standards or meets an age requirement. The company that was doing them had to crash several skylines to show dot they had made the necessary changes. Problem is Dot considered this intellectual property of Motox (or whatever their name was) and want release it to anyone. The company has been shut down and the guy who was doing it is now in jail. Now there is what they call grey cars. Basically you have your car shipped to the states or Canada and then just bring it to the DMV and if the person there doesnt no any better you get your car registered. Then you would be locally legal but not federally. Meaning If you were stopped by the police or anything all of your paperwork would be legit. But if DOT found you they could take your car. This is what I found so far and probably not 100% accurate but I think pretty close. Good luck

There IS a way to do it though, I'm just not sure of the specifics. There was a guy here in Tampa with a Tommy Kaira Skyline for awhile, and he drove it all around until I heard he totalled it. Also there is a Pulsar GTi-R driving around as well, so I know it can be done. I've personally seen both these cars on the road here, so I know it's not hearsay. The skyline was in one of the import mags at one time too, I want to say super street. Anyway, Motorex is the company that used to bring in the skylines you guys are all trying to remember.

If this Skyline, or nearly any car for that matter, is not an '81 model or older it will not be able to be legally imported into the U.S. It's that simple. There are no loopholes, no back doors, no "I know a guy". A car can be registered in some states without proper documentation, but they are not in any way 100% legal. The term being used a lot now is "State Legal" . This is a joke. Just because you may be able to get it titled, no insurance would ever back it up if something were to happen. Say you managed to get an insurance policy, then you hit someone. That insurance company will find out that car was illegally imported and will use it to deny the claim. Not only will you be responsible for the damages then, you will most likely be reported to the authorities. And they are coming down hard on these things now. Short of somone crash testing several cars, financing a proper study on how needed modifications will be made, and then devising an OBD II compliant U.S. Emissions computer system, no cars will be imported legally again. As for the GTi-R, there is no way at all that car was legal. They were never placed on the eligibility list, therefore even if someone had come up with an effective conversion package the government would not accept it. Four years ago I actually imported both an R32 Skyline and a GTi-R. But, they were both declared as race cars with all the required paperwork filed with both the NTSB and the DOT. I heard from many people all the ways I could register both of them. As tempting as it was, the possible consequences of breaking so many laws kept me from even looking into it. This was well before the current furvor over Skylines and such. I had counted on the rather lax attitudes that Customs and the Government had at the time and found that short of checking for contraban and such, they never even looked to see if the cars fit the discription of race cars. Again, this was four years ago. I would not even try to do it again in todays environment. The only cars I'll bring in these days are over 25 years old. Noquestions and no problems. Anyone thinking they can get a newer car in is simply playing Russian Roulette.

Brian

Like I said, I've SEEN both of those cars driving around town (been next to them in traffic), both with tags, but I never actually spoke to the owners, so it is entirely possible they were driving illegally with plates from another car or the like. I hate to think what happened to the guy with the TK skyline when he totalled it if the insurance company was going to deny his claim though...

I've got a friend that's heavy into Mini coopers, and he said a common way to sneak them in under the radar is to buy a late model one (they still made them in europe right up until the BMW version came out) and badge it as a pre-emissions car. Much like the Mexican VW bugs, the design was mostly unchanged externally all the way up to the day they stopped production. This is highly illegal, and really not an option for us anyway.

Isn't there some way to import front and rear half cuts for parts only? Then Terry could just find whatever the comparable lexus model was at the car auction and clip it out with all the components from his Aristo and be the king of the street once again!

Isn't there some way to import front and rear half cuts for parts only? Then Terry could just find whatever the comparable lexus model was at the car auction and clip it out with all the components from his Aristo and be the king of the street once again!

I may be way off base but what is the half cut on the bottom of the list on the web site I bought my JDM fender mirrors from??????? http://www.shouri-motorsports.com/halfcuts/default.php

LARRY

Thats an Aristo front clip (also the Lexus GS300 in the states) however the states didnt come with turbos I think. Man I hope I can bring back the Aristo without much trouble, its a hellacious ride and I love it. Lots of electrical crap to go wrong though. Hell my car even has side view mirror defrosters WTF?

There are some sweet body kits for the Aristos as well. May be a keeper.

Terry

If this Skyline' date=' or nearly any car for that matter, is not an '81 model or older it will not be able to be legally imported into the U.S. It's that simple. There are no loopholes, no back doors, no "I know a guy". A car can be registered in some states without proper documentation, but they are not in any way 100% legal. The term being used a lot now is "State Legal" . This is a joke. Just because you may be able to get it titled, no insurance would ever back it up if something were to happen. Say you managed to get an insurance policy, then you hit someone. That insurance company will find out that car was illegally imported and will use it to deny the claim. Not only will you be responsible for the damages then, you will most likely be reported to the authorities. And they are coming down hard on these things now. Short of somone crash testing several cars, financing a proper study on how needed modifications will be made, and then devising an OBD II compliant U.S. Emissions computer system, no cars will be imported legally again. As for the GTi-R, there is no way at all that car was legal. They were never placed on the eligibility list, therefore even if someone had come up with an effective conversion package the government would not accept it. Four years ago I actually imported both an R32 Skyline and a GTi-R. But, they were both declared as race cars with all the required paperwork filed with both the NTSB and the DOT. I heard from many people all the ways I could register both of them. As tempting as it was, the possible consequences of breaking so many laws kept me from even looking into it. This was well before the current furvor over Skylines and such. I had counted on the rather lax attitudes that Customs and the Government had at the time and found that short of checking for contraban and such, they never even looked to see if the cars fit the discription of race cars. Again, this was four years ago. I would not even try to do it again in todays environment. The only cars I'll bring in these days are over 25 years old. Noquestions and no problems. Anyone thinking they can get a newer car in is simply playing Russian Roulette.

Brian[/quote']

Brian, where can I find the eligibility list? I wanna check the Aristo. Ive been looking for an old GTR but cant locate. Old rust buckets are rediculously expensive here as well.

Terry