HybridZ

compressor wheel ?s

nategdizzle

hey guys i have a t4 60-1 trim with a t3 turbine off a 82zx..i was wondering if i could put a different wheel in there since i have it apart for a rebuild. what wheel should i go with or should i just leave it..i have a cam that is on its way to be re-ground at delta cams..im not sure exactly what i want and i was wondering if you guys had any ideas where i might want it to peak at and what i want lift and duration..the guy at delta said something about a 280 lift with 490 duration and having it peak at 6200 and be good for 7200 but im not sure on anything yet..i have ported polished head and manifolds ,lt-8 standalone ecu, 24x12 fmic, 3in dp, 60mm tb..i have a 8.47:1 cr..i want to push it as hard as i can with the stock pistons that i have for now.. i was hoping for around 350+hp for a weekend warrior/ kinda daily driver

yeah sorry bout that mix up 490lift 280 duration...what turbine wheel would be the best for my t3 housing? i have heard people say to have it machined out to fit the t4 wheel but no one around here wants to do it for me cuz they are afraid of messing it up..also is there a place i can send my compressor wheel to get balanced..

yeah sorry bout that mix up 490lift 280 duration...what turbine wheel would be the best for my t3 housing? i have heard people say to have it machined out to fit the t4 wheel but no one around here wants to do it for me cuz they are afraid of messing it up..also is there a place i can send my compressor wheel to get balanced..

Atleast a stage 3 wheel, I would do a stg 5. Try http://www.precisionturbo.net/. I know they cast there own turbine housings so they have the ability to machine them. Compressor wheels are already balanced. They are balanced seperately from the turbine unless the unit came from Tnetics. I've mixed and matched many turbo parts, even some from turbos fromTurbonetics and have yet to have a failure on one I've assembled.

flow maps can be easy to read...you just figure the boost (pressure ratio) on one axis and then input the desired rpm range you think you will get full boost by (3200~7000 is what i used) to plot two points then connect the two points and see where in the efficiency range it is at. the calculations can be found in the turbo faq sticky here...