• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I used a Subaru rack in my 2+2?

EvilChuckie:twisted:

Hi

I'm listening........ not found a thead for a scooby rack, make/model/year? Please.

I'm looking at the electronic unit from a Vauxhall (holden to yourself) Corsa.

Check out the MX5 power steering rack, i have heard good things from them.

Hi I'm also llistening to yourself; reason for PAS is the Wife really wants to drive it and enter some events with it but struggles against the powerless rack having been brought up with only PAS cars, could get her on a weightlifting session or two, but then she'd just hit me harder:):)

Cheers for the input guy's, it's why I like the Hybrid site, nothings really impossible.

Nigel

Evtech,

Just 1 pointer, before asking a question, search search search. Otherwise some of the very talented and highly knowledgable members (not me Im still in the search search search stage) will get a little annoyed as they have already answered your question.

I had seen some threads on these so I did a search for "Power Steering" in the title, this is what I found. Also try searches for Subaru rack or miata rack etc.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=112003&highlight=subaru+rack

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=89796&highlight=miata+rack

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,1087.0.html

Also, in Australia the Miata is an MX5, not sure what they are called in the UK though, hope that helps.

Evtech,

Just 1 pointer, before asking a question, search search search. Otherwise some of the very talented and highly knowledgable members (not me Im still in the search search search stage) will get a little annoyed as they have already answered your question.

I know where you're coming from, but the problem I have is us Pommies sit on the wrong side of the car:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I've got a monster alternator in the way plus my oil hoses, cooler and filter (could move it with an adaptor) pop out the same side, this just limits me options so any questions aren't meant to sound like I ain't looked I have I'just hoping someone has a RHD converted.

Cheers

Nigel

Evtech,

We sit on the right side of the car, not the wrong.

The viczcar site that I gave you is for an australian right hand drive.

And I just thought the picture was upside down! :oops::oops::oops:

Cheers, and thanks again for the input.

Nigel

260zman: Very nice, I like that angle of photo for the 2+2.

mopar69: perhaps you could do a zipped upload somewhere?

Also, did you have any zg flared 2+2s. Lately I've been interested to see what they look like.

260zman, Very nice 2+2. Similar colour to what I have for mine if I ever get around to doing work on it again. Did you replace the rubbers for the interior? I am going to need front and back windscreen rubbers and door one's. Need a local source.

Cheers, Douglas