HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

Wow, What was nissan thinking when they did those bumpers,

Was that a safety issue?

Looks like the bumpers you expect to see on a volvo.

The big ass bumpers were due to the US Department of Transportation requiring all vehicles sold in the US after the 73 model year to have bumpers that could with stand a 5 MPH impact with no damage to the body of the vehicle, so Nissan was forced to add these huge, ugly bumpers, that had shock absorbers built in. They weigh a hundred pounds with the shocks, so I took all that crap off and pitched 'em. I just run bumperless with and MSA Aero II front air dam and nothing on the rear.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevermind I had to make an account and send them a "ticket" of message asking about the color. Ill tell everyone once they reply.

Just got a call today and all my parts should be ready by Sun. or Mon. theyll only be up to one coat of primer. Later Ill have to have it blocked and reprimed when I have the money. Its exciting to make progress. I wont be as happy when I get the bill.:cry:

Guest xtce

My 2+2 has an auto tranny, after some research it looks like the flywheel's are bigger than the coupes. Any 2+2 owners ever done a swap like this?

My 2+2 has an auto tranny, after some research it looks like the flywheel's are bigger than the coupes. Any 2+2 owners ever done a swap like this?

Why would you want a bigger flywheel?

I thought the point was to get as light as you could (without being dangerous) so that the engine revved my freely?

All bodyparts minus the actual body are ready for paint! Got them all blocked out today. Bumpers are being painted tomorrow and Im needing to pick a color pretty soon so we can jam the doors,etc.

Any ideas for colors. Id need the actual paint code or name and then possibly a picture. Im thinking either dark blue or silver/gunmetal, and I was recently possibly convinced to do a black...........

Hey TonyD any progress on the roll bar?

Ive always wanted to paint it gunmetal, but never found a 2+2 that I can see the color or a similar color, so Ive been hesitant. Ive wanted to paint it a blue because Ive seen other blue 2+2's. Ive been thinking of black but its pretty hard to keep clean and looking good. Im hoping once the car is all primed and only needs paitn Ill be able to imagine how it will look.

Just like to say its great to finally have a place for the 2+2 crowd. I have a 76 2+2 and I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with rear spoilers. I saw a post earlier that someone used a coupe rear spoiler, but I have no idea what that looks like. I saw a Datsun a year or so ago that had a bre spoiler cut down to almost half the height and molded into the body, so I was wondering if that would be possible on a 2+2. Also, I know that the 2+2 is longer, but is it wider also and is the pitch on the hatch different also.

Thanks

Rodgers

Just like to say its great to finally have a place for the 2+2 crowd. I have a 76 2+2 and I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with rear spoilers. I saw a post earlier that someone used a coupe rear spoiler, but I have no idea what that looks like. I saw a Datsun a year or so ago that had a bre spoiler cut down to almost half the height and molded into the body, so I was wondering if that would be possible on a 2+2. Also, I know that the 2+2 is longer, but is it wider also and is the pitch on the hatch different also.

Thanks

Rodgers

Yes the hatch is a different angle from what I know. Im actually planning on getting a spoiler but havent done the research yet to find out which one to use for the 2+2.

Im gonna be leaving for 2 weeks tomorrow morning and when I get back well be taking the whole car out to have the body work done and it painted. So Ill need to find a spoiler pretty soon. Id like to just get the simple Bre style one but Im not sure.

Yes the hatch is a different angle from what I know. Im actually planning on getting a spoiler but havent done the research yet to find out which one to use for the 2+2.

Im gonna be leaving for 2 weeks tomorrow morning and when I get back well be taking the whole car out to have the body work done and it painted. So Ill need to find a spoiler pretty soon. Id like to just get the simple Bre style one but Im not sure.

I want something pretty simple too. I just want a very small lip that is blended really well into the body. Something that would maybe look stock. Nothing too flashy, but I don't know which direction to go. I need to figure it out fast. I only have a few weeks to get the minor body work done and the car painted before I go back to school. I guess i could make my own out of glass but I haven't had much experience with it other than patch jobs.

Thanks

Rodgers

Hiya,

Long time reader of this forum, Im glad to have found this thread. I have always wanted to ask and see what different approaches to 2+2's people have taken, as I own 2 a s30 and a s130. Thought I would get flamed asking about 2+2 styling, so avoided it. Im considering a deep silver for my project s30 with the tinted windows. Still in Stage 1: Stripping it back.

Later

Fantagon

Hi folks

Some pictures of the SLOW progress I'm making, only excuse is I've now turned 40, so it's time to slow down (not) biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Rear disc conversion 50% complete, using 280zx rear calipers and new discs. (full set of brake springs, working wheel cylinders, handbrake levers and powder coated drums now going up for grabs on ebay UK by next weekend.
  • Crank fitted to block and end float checked at 0.003" total, so well withing tolerance.
  • Sneaky little shot of the engine in me 'DEN'.wink.gif
  • Head built up with cam installed and gapped.

Currently ringing the pistons, they will get popped in soon enough, still loads of 'little' jobs to do that take so much time got all the new ECU sensors to fit'find homes for (air, water, map, crank, throttle pot, clutch, speed, intercooler cooling etc); going to change fuel supply line from 5/16 up to 3/8.

Just drilled and tapped the exhaust manifold and fitted the lambda sensor, so thats one job done, it's nice working nights when the job's quiet, you really can get your jobs done you just can't do a good firm for enough:)

On a negative note I can confirm that a 280ZX power rack WILL NOT fit in a 260,:frown: the only thing that my have worked was to use the 280 Xmember, but I shy'd away from upsetting the geometry.

Enjoy the piccy's.

Nige

discs_thumb.JPG

crank_thumb.JPG

workshop_thumb.JPG

headP90_thumb.JPG